DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tivoli SongBook - No Volume! (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/270230-tivoli-songbook-no-volume.html)

[email protected] February 2nd 09 03:18 PM

Tivoli SongBook - No Volume!

Hi there,

I have had my Tivoli SongBook for about 2 years now (love it), but it
now has no volume. If I twist the volume knob back and forth, the audio
will cut in/out. Is this easy to fix by cleaning the contacts or
something else?

TIA, Dan

Sjouke Burry[_2_] February 2nd 09 06:52 PM

Tivoli SongBook - No Volume!

wrote:
Hi there,

I have had my Tivoli SongBook for about 2 years now (love it), but it
now has no volume. If I twist the volume knob back and forth, the audio
will cut in/out. Is this easy to fix by cleaning the contacts or
something else?

TIA, Dan

It sound like a broken base track of the volume control.
See if you can find a replacement for it.

[email protected] February 3rd 09 12:14 AM

Tivoli SongBook - No Volume!

Sjouke Burry wrote:
wrote:
Hi there,

I have had my Tivoli SongBook for about 2 years now (love it), but it
now has no volume. If I twist the volume knob back and forth, the
audio will cut in/out. Is this easy to fix by cleaning the contacts
or something else?

TIA, Dan

It sound like a broken base track of the volume control.
See if you can find a replacement for it.

What would the estimate for repairing it in parts and time? $50?

Sjouke Burry[_2_] February 3rd 09 03:18 AM

Tivoli SongBook - No Volume!

wrote:
Sjouke Burry wrote:
wrote:
Hi there,

I have had my Tivoli SongBook for about 2 years now (love it), but it
now has no volume. If I twist the volume knob back and forth, the
audio will cut in/out. Is this easy to fix by cleaning the contacts
or something else?

TIA, Dan

It sound like a broken base track of the volume control.
See if you can find a replacement for it.

What would the estimate for repairing it in parts and time? $50?

A few dollars for the pot, add 1 or two hours if it is not
done privately.

mark February 3rd 09 06:52 AM

Tivoli SongBook - No Volume!

wrote:
Hi there,

I have had my Tivoli SongBook for about 2 years now (love it), but it
now has no volume. If I twist the volume knob back and forth, the audio
will cut in/out. Is this easy to fix by cleaning the contacts or
something else?

TIA, Dan

Go to radio shack and buy some control cleaner or buy silicone, would
work for awhile and spray it in there see what happens.