Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Help needed with Panasonic CT-27G3W1

My brothers 1998 Panasonic CT-27G3W1 TV lost its picture (most of the
time). If it warms up the picture comes back on sometimes. I asume
when the screen is blank the picture has collapsed and the electronics
turns the screen off to not burn a line into the tube? Sound still
works and power stays on, the picture looks fine when it feels like
working. He went and purchased a widescreen 32" LCD but I figured the
TV would be nice to use in the basement if it is fixable, and we
already have a digital converter box for it.

Anybody have any idea which part needs replaced, or have a service
manual for that model? I have looked at the circuit board a bit and
didn't notice any cracked solder joints or exploding/bulging
capacitors.

Thanks

TZ