DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Konka K2001UM service (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/269553-konka-k2001um-service.html)

David Nebenzahl January 23rd 09 10:19 PM

Konka K2001UM service

Just got a working Konka TV (left in the street, literally). Works OK,
except that the picture's a bit dimmer than I think it should be, even
with the brightness cranked up all the way (60 on the on-screen
display), also with maximum contrast.

Is there any internal adjustment I can make to get a little more punch
in the picture? Or is it already maxed out, and what I get is what I get?

Before you post dire warnings, I know all about working around high
voltages, etc., etc. I promise to be very, very careful. The last time I
worked on a tube, I was able to bring a Sony Trinitron computer monitor
back to life by adjusting the focus.

Any help appreciated.

--
"I know I will go to hell, because I pardoned Richard Nixon."

- Former President Gerald Ford to his golf partners, as related by
the late Hunter S. Thompson

Franc Zabkar January 23rd 09 11:42 PM

Konka K2001UM service

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:19:45 -0800, David Nebenzahl
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Just got a working Konka TV (left in the street, literally). Works OK,
except that the picture's a bit dimmer than I think it should be, even
with the brightness cranked up all the way (60 on the on-screen
display), also with maximum contrast.

Is there any internal adjustment I can make to get a little more punch
in the picture? Or is it already maxed out, and what I get is what I get?

Someone recently posted a repair tip to aus.electronics that may be of
help.

Konka K3466EXT1 repair tip - dark pictu
http://groups.google.com/group/aus.e...7?dmode=source

- Franc Zabkar

DAN LITOV January 24th 09 06:38 PM

Konka K2001UM service

On Jan 23, 2:19*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
Just got a working Konka TV (left in the street, literally). Works OK,
except that the picture's a bit dimmer than I think it should be, even
with the brightness cranked up all the way (60 on the on-screen
display), also with maximum contrast.

I think that's why they left the son of a bitch out in the street in
the first place?

David Nebenzahl January 24th 09 07:53 PM

Konka K2001UM service

On 1/24/2009 10:38 AM DAN LITOV spake thus:

On Jan 23, 2:19 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Just got a working Konka TV (left in the street, literally). Works OK,
except that the picture's a bit dimmer than I think it should be, even
with the brightness cranked up all the way (60 on the on-screen
display), also with maximum contrast.

I think that's why they left the son of a bitch out in the street in
the first place?

Could be. It's certainly watchable; I'm not too picky about TVs, as I
consider it pretty much throw-away low-level entertainment (even if I do
watch way too much of it!), and it's certainly better than the set it
replaced, an old Panasonic that was given to me several years ago.

I have just enough interest in this problem to eventually pop off the
back of the set and try to find a trimmer pot to adjust (only if
labeled; I'm not a "ghost tweaker" type). Was hoping that maybe someone
else had been down this road before.

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)