Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Where to buy replacement LCD panels for TVs..

I got a question for everyone...
I'm trying to locate a replacement LCD panel for a RCA L42WD22.
Had a kid take a toy hammer to the screen and now it looks pretty ...
cracked.. The backlighting still works.. Anyone got a place I can
order one.. Thanks!

-Ron
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Ronald" wrote in message
I got a question for everyone...
I'm trying to locate a replacement LCD panel for a RCA L42WD22.
Had a kid take a toy hammer to the screen and now it looks pretty ...
cracked.. The backlighting still works.. Anyone got a place I can
order one.. Thanks!

-Ron

If you can find it as a replacement part, it will cost as much as - or more
than the cost to replace the TV.
Even if it had failed from a defect while it was under warranty, the
manufacturer would have replaced the whole TV, rather than order a
replacement panel, pay to package and ship the part, and pay for the labor
required to replace it. (An LCD panel by itself is very fragile)
So... consider this TV a total loss. If you're lucky you can sell it to
someone who can use the other parts on that famous auction website.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 20:02:13 -0800 (PST), Ronald
wrote:

I got a question for everyone...
I'm trying to locate a replacement LCD panel for a RCA L42WD22.
Had a kid take a toy hammer to the screen and now it looks pretty ...
cracked.. The backlighting still works.. Anyone got a place I can
order one.. Thanks!

-Ron

Easier to get a new kid I'd think. And may work better too.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

PeterD wrote in
:

wrote:

I got a question for everyone...
I'm trying to locate a replacement LCD panel for a RCA L42WD22.
Had a kid take a toy hammer to the screen and now it looks pretty ...
cracked.. The backlighting still works.. Anyone got a place I can
order one.. Thanks!

-Ron

Easier to get a new kid I'd think. And may work better too.

reminds me of when my next door neighbor got their kid a toy tool kit with
hammer and a REAL saw;he and I went to "work" on my dad's 14 ft boat,then
the next day,he sawed their TV almost in half(old wood console TV).
That was the end of the tool kit.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

I got a question for everyone...
I'm trying to locate a replacement LCD panel for a RCA L42WD22.
Had a kid take a toy hammer to the screen and now it looks pretty ...
cracked.. The backlighting still works.. Anyone got a place I can
order one.. Thanks!

-Ron

Easier to get a new kid I'd think. And may work better too.

Nahh. It's hard to get kids to work; and besides, they're too small to
get much out of them anyway. The only thing they're really good for is
getting into small places that an adult can't access: like sewer pipes
and such. (Tie a rope to a foot to ensure reliable extraction.)

Better to sell the kid...much better return.

BFG

jak

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jan 15, 8:02*pm, Ronald wrote:
I got a question for everyone...
I'm trying to locate a replacement LCD panel for a RCA *L42WD22.
Had a kid take a toy hammer to the screen and now it looks pretty ...
cracked.. The backlighting still works.. *Anyone got a place I can
order one.. Thanks!

-Ron

First you shoud teach the little ******* a lesson... crack the son of
a bitch over the head with a hammer and yell "Does that feel good? Did
you think the T.V. liked that especially after it spent hours
entertaining you with cartoons?"
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Stephany Alexander wrote:

On Jan 15, 8:02 pm, Ronald wrote:

I got a question for everyone...
I'm trying to locate a replacement LCD panel for a RCA L42WD22.
Had a kid take a toy hammer to the screen and now it looks pretty ...
cracked.. The backlighting still works.. Anyone got a place I can
order one.. Thanks!

-Ron

First you shoud teach the little ******* a lesson... crack the son of
a bitch over the head with a hammer and yell "Does that feel good? Did
you think the T.V. liked that especially after it spent hours
entertaining you with cartoons?"

Maybe the cartoons gave him the idea (depends on the vintage of course)?

Michael