DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Panasonic DVD RV31 skipping problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/268503-panasonic-dvd-rv31-skipping-problem.html)

Martin Whybrow January 9th 09 01:30 AM

Panasonic DVD RV31 skipping problem

I'm attempting to repair a Panasonic DVD RV31 dvd player that has a skipping
problem. I've done the basics, cleaned the lens and cleaned / re-lubricated
the rails but it hasn't helped. I noticed that there is a lot of noise when
the sled moves, the noise appears to come from the area around the pinion
that engages the sled rack, so I don't suspect the motor as that's much
further towards the front of the deck.
I can't figure out how to remove the anti-backlash gear that has the pinion
on the lower face to examine it so I'm not sure if it's damaged; I have
tried lubricating the gear train but it didn't help.
Any suggestions (other than scrapping it).
Martin
--
martindot herewhybrowat herentlworlddot herecom