Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default VCR Repair - JVC HR-S7600 Control Plate (UK model)

A part of the 'control plate' (described as such in manual) which is
supposed to apply pressure to the tape guide levers to lock them in postion
has broken off, resulting in lost tracking after cue/review/pause.

I have Googled for a UK supplier of JVC parts and while there are one or two
which have quite a few parts for this video recorder, I can't find one which
stocks the control plate. Can anyone recommend a dealer who can supply this
please? I'm private, not trade.

Thanks in advance.

Morse

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 10:53:32 -0000, "Morse"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

A part of the 'control plate' (described as such in manual) which is
supposed to apply pressure to the tape guide levers to lock them in postion
has broken off, resulting in lost tracking after cue/review/pause.

I have Googled for a UK supplier of JVC parts and while there are one or two
which have quite a few parts for this video recorder, I can't find one which
stocks the control plate. Can anyone recommend a dealer who can supply this
please? I'm private, not trade.

Thanks in advance.

Morse

What is the part number?

FWIW, WES Components have the following control plates and slide
plates:

PQ43555C10
PQ44326A-3
PQ11658-1-15
PQ44581B
LP10080-002E/F

Prices vary from AU$4.50 to AU$10.75.

This is the WES VCR parts catalogue:
http://www.wagner.net.au/catalogue/04_Video.pdf

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
[...]

Franc, thanks for your reply.

I don't have the exact manual for this model to check the p/n, but the
mechanism seems virtually identical to the HR-S7500EK, and the part looks
the same judging from the diagram (famous last words!)

The p/n is LP10080-002E according to the HR-S7500 manual.

I'd be happy with any of those prices you mentioned and more to get the
thing working properly, it's been a superb machine and while I expect it
won't get used much now that I have a HDD/DVD recorder, I have a lot of
tapes I'd like to copy to DVD with it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 04:46:24 -0000, "Morse"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

The p/n is LP10080-002E according to the HR-S7500 manual.

I'd be happy with any of those prices you mentioned ...

WES's trade price is listed as AU$5.90.

If they won't deal with you as an overseas customer, I could order the
part for you, but then you would have to pay AU$6.90 delivery to my
address followed by the international postage charge to yours. That
could amount to a total cost of around AU$23 or so.

If you are still interested, contact me via email.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 04:46:24 -0000, "Morse"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

The p/n is LP10080-002E according to the HR-S7500 manual.

I'd be happy with any of those prices you mentioned ...

WES's trade price is listed as AU$5.90.

If they won't deal with you as an overseas customer, I could order the
part for you, but then you would have to pay AU$6.90 delivery to my
address followed by the international postage charge to yours. That
could amount to a total cost of around AU$23 or so.

If you are still interested, contact me via email.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc, that's very kind, thanks very much. I'll give it another few days of
poking around for a UK supplier and if I draw a blank, I'd be grateful to
accept your kind offer.

Regards,

Morse