Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default 2" tv

Please forgive me if this is the wrong forum. Maybe you can refer me
to the right one.

I have a 2" Sony Watchman that was practically never used. It will be
obsolete in February. Connecting it to a digital converter doesn't
seem like a good idea, because the converter would be 4 times as big
and need to plug into the wall!

Do they still use these in Canada or somewhere? It would be nice to
get some money for it, but most of all, I don't want to see a
perfectly good tv go to waste?

(I tried to use it on a 12 day trip last spring, but ended up staying
in motels with tvs, instead of sleeping in the woods.)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Tim is offline

AS usual, Canada is following the US and going digital broadcast too. No
market here for that unit. Sorry....

- Tim -

In article , NOPSAMmm2005
@bigfoot.com says...

--
Email - (remove the nospam part)

And If I Forgot To Mention My Location, I'm In The Fredericton Area
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jan 1, 8:47*pm, Tim wrote:
[...]

Fredericton where - Alaska, Texas, Maine,----- get the idea???????
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"hr(bob) " wrote:

On Jan 1, 8:47 pm, Tim wrote:
[...]

156.34.82.235 is in Canada. (aliant.net)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 22:47:46 -0400, Tim wrote:
NOPSAMmm2005 @bigfoot.com says...

I have a 2" Sony Watchman that was practically never used. It will be
obsolete in February. Connecting it to a digital converter doesn't
seem like a good idea, because the converter would be 4 times as big
and need to plug into the wall!

Do they still use these in Canada or somewhere? It would be nice to
get some money for it, but most of all, I don't want to see a
perfectly good tv go to waste?

AS usual, Canada is following the US and going digital broadcast too. No
market here for that unit. Sorry....

- Tim -

I'm thinkin': Cuba.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

mm wrote:
Please forgive me if this is the wrong forum.
Maybe you can refer me to the right one.

Google's Usenet Archive / search engine are useful for these things:
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...OR+DTV&num=100

alt.tv.tech.hdtv is an apt group (with high-activity).

I have a 2" Sony Watchman that was practically never used.
It will be obsolete in February.
Connecting it to a digital converter doesn't seem like a good idea,
because the converter would be 4 times as big
and need to plug into the wall!

There are battery-powered converter boxes, e.g.
http://www.google.com/search?q=Wineg...able&num= 100
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

JeffM wrote:
mm wrote:
Please forgive me if this is the wrong forum.
Maybe you can refer me to the right one.

Google's Usenet Archive / search engine are useful for these things:
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...OR+DTV&num=100

alt.tv.tech.hdtv is an apt group (with high-activity).

I have a 2" Sony Watchman that was practically never used.
It will be obsolete in February.
Connecting it to a digital converter doesn't seem like a good idea,
because the converter would be 4 times as big
and need to plug into the wall!

There are battery-powered converter boxes, e.g.
http://www.google.com/search?q=Wineg...able&num= 100

Yeah, a 6.5" box to carry along with your 2" TV...plus a battery pack.
Besides, it won't work 'out of the box' unless the TV is hacked to add
an antenna port. My Watchman uses the lanyard for an antenna. I'm
savvy enough to hack in an input, but the vast majority isn't.

jak