Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default TV with weak colour

I have a late '80s vintage Philips CP110 Tv , which works well, but
the colour is weak, even with the saturation control set to full the
picture is only just more 'colourful' than B&W!
.. is this likely to be something like a low voltage to the RGB
stage,or something more serious?

-B
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article
,
b wrote:
I have a late '80s vintage Philips CP110 Tv , which works well, but
the colour is weak, even with the saturation control set to full the
picture is only just more 'colourful' than B&W!
. is this likely to be something like a low voltage to the RGB
stage,or something more serious?

What happens if you drive it with an RGB signal?

--
*Always borrow money from pessimists - they don't expect it back *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"b" wrote in message
I have a late '80s vintage Philips CP110 Tv , which works well, but
the colour is weak, even with the saturation control set to full the
picture is only just more 'colourful' than B&W!
. is this likely to be something like a low voltage to the RGB
stage,or something more serious?

-B

If the A1 control is set wrongly, some of the older CRT types can look
'washed out'. Sometimes, beam limiter problems can give the same effect. A
fault in the ACC circuitry will do it, and sometimes, a mishapen sandcastle
pulse, which used to be quite common back then. Often down to a resistor in
the HOP stage, where the pulse is 'constructed', having gone high.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 30 dic 2008, 15:46, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"b" wrote in message

I have a late '80s vintage Philips CP110 Tv , which works well, but
the colour is weak, even with the saturation control set to full the
picture is only just more 'colourful' than B&W!
. is this likely to be something like a low voltage to the RGB
stage,or something more serious?

-B

If the A1 control is set wrongly, some of the older CRT types can look
'washed out'. Sometimes, beam limiter problems can give the same effect. A
fault in the ACC circuitry will do it, and sometimes, a mishapen sandcastle
pulse, which used to be quite common back then. Often down to a resistor in
the HOP stage, where the pulse is 'constructed', having gone high.

Arfa

I finally dug this set out again today and it did seem as if the G2
was a bit high, so I lowered the SCREEN control slightly on the Line o/
p tranny and that gave a far more natural colour. Haven't tried it
with RGB source, as didn't have one to hand. set seems fine now ,
cheers,
B.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"b" wrote in message

[...]

I'm not familiar with the model - and slightly out of touch with TVs in
general - but having considerable experience in TV service in the distant
past, I can tell you that colour saturation has nothing to do with A1 or A2
controls - which only affect brightness or 'grey-scale' settings. Look for
the chrominance amplifier circuitry, that is where the problem is likely to
be.

weak screed mix [email protected] UK diy 2 April 25th 07 01:42 PM
Blue colour instead of true colour in the monitor - how to fix it? chutney Electronics Repair 0 October 19th 06 03:03 AM
mortar too weak? [email protected] UK diy 9 August 11th 06 12:51 AM
Weak insecticides Jim Home Repair 9 August 15th 05 08:39 PM
Weak Receptacles-Cause? CooSer Home Repair 13 March 11th 04 11:28 PM