DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   128 pin .5mm (38 and 26 pins on a side) QFP prototyping breakoutboard needed (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/266733-128-pin-5mm-38-26-pins-side-qfp-prototyping-breakoutboard-needed.html)

msg December 13th 08 04:08 AM

128 pin .5mm (38 and 26 pins on a side) QFP prototyping breakoutboard needed

Greetings,

I would appreciate recommendations or pointers to suppliers of (low cost)
QFP prototyping breakout boards (for hand soldering) who would have one
for 128 pin, .5mm devices with 38 and 26 pins/side (38 x 26 x 38 x 26); the
universal ones have a pattern that only seems to work for square devices
and I have yet to find one that specifically describes accepting a package
as I have described.

Many thanks,

Michael

Paul Urbanus December 14th 08 02:19 PM

msg wrote:
Greetings,

I would appreciate recommendations or pointers to suppliers of (low cost)
QFP prototyping breakout boards (for hand soldering) who would have one
for 128 pin, .5mm devices with 38 and 26 pins/side (38 x 26 x 38 x 26); the
universal ones have a pattern that only seems to work for square devices
and I have yet to find one that specifically describes accepting a package
as I have described.

Many thanks,

Michael

google smt breakout boards prototype

Look at the first board at the following link. Looks like what you need,
but the zoomed photo doesn't show enough detail to verify.

http://www.adapt-plus.com/products/a...smt_board.html

linnix December 14th 08 07:52 PM

On Dec 12, 7:08*pm, msg wrote:
Greetings,

I would appreciate recommendations or pointers to suppliers of (low cost)
QFP prototyping breakout boards (for hand soldering) who would have one
for 128 pin, .5mm devices with 38 and 26 pins/side (38 x 26 x 38 x 26); the
universal ones have a pattern that only seems to work for square devices
and I have yet to find one that specifically describes accepting a package
as I have described.

Many thanks,

Michael

We have the same issue with a 24 x 16, 0.8mm device. It would cost
around $100 to make 20 to 30 of them, but cheaper if mixed with other
boards.

msg December 14th 08 08:03 PM

msg wrote:

Greetings,

I would appreciate recommendations or pointers to suppliers of (low cost)
QFP prototyping breakout boards (for hand soldering) who would have one
for 128 pin, .5mm devices with 38 and 26 pins/side (38 x 26 x 38 x 26); the
universal ones have a pattern that only seems to work for square devices
and I have yet to find one that specifically describes accepting a package
as I have described.

Thanks to Paul and linnix for your replies. There really wasn't anything
at 'www.adapt-plus.com' that would work and I have pounded the keyboard
searching the 'Net.

I may need to get .5mm TSSOP fanout 'sticks' and cut them into sections and
glue them down to a copper plane to accommodate my package.

Michael