DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Vaio PCG-K23 laptop power jack cracked. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/266629-vaio-pcg-k23-laptop-power-jack-cracked.html)

David Farber December 11th 08 07:14 PM

Vaio PCG-K23 laptop power jack cracked.

I'm trying to find the replacement power jack for a Vaio PCG-K23 laptop at
a reasonable price. Sony wants $38 because of course it comes with the cord
that plugs into the power supply board. (Just so there's no confusion, the
jack I need is the one attached to the laptop, not the external adapter). I
found this place online,
http://www.laptopjacks.com/view_part...-SN261400.html
which wants $30 + $8 shipping for just the jack. Really, $30 for a plastic
jack? I tried Digikey and Mouser, no luck.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

Adrian C December 11th 08 08:51 PM

David Farber wrote:
I'm trying to find the replacement power jack for a Vaio PCG-K23 laptop at
a reasonable price.

Much cheaper on eBay 'buy it now' vendors

Try eBay. Do a search on "sony laptop jack"

Or look at item #120320554758 for example

--
Adrian C

David Farber December 11th 08 09:31 PM

Adrian C wrote:
David Farber wrote:
I'm trying to find the replacement power jack for a Vaio PCG-K23
laptop at a reasonable price.

Much cheaper on eBay 'buy it now' vendors

Try eBay. Do a search on "sony laptop jack"

Or look at item #120320554758 for example

Adrian,

That was just what I needed. For some reason, I didn't connect with the
right combination of search terms.

Thanks for your reply.