DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   IPOD dock (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/266567-ipod-dock.html)

GregS[_3_] December 10th 08 07:16 PM

IPOD dock

I want to make an IPOD dock, well all I need is the connection.
I can buy the connector but I want to make sure I use the right pins.
Any tricks I should be aware of. My thoughts for a Xmas present is a
docking connector with lines to a set of decent computer speakers.
Well I guess the IPOD must come with a charging cable. All I
really need is the output cable and speakers .
I don't have an IPOD myself.

greg

Franc Zabkar December 10th 08 07:41 PM

IPOD dock

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:16:12 GMT, (GregS)
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I want to make an IPOD dock, well all I need is the connection.
I can buy the connector but I want to make sure I use the right pins.
Any tricks I should be aware of. My thoughts for a Xmas present is a
docking connector with lines to a set of decent computer speakers.
Well I guess the IPOD must come with a charging cable. All I
really need is the output cable and speakers .
I don't have an IPOD myself.

greg

Do these help?
http://pinouts.ru/PortableDevices/ipod_pinout.shtml
http://pinouts.ru/PortableDevices/ip...k_pinout.shtml

- Franc Zabkar

GregS[_3_] December 10th 08 08:43 PM

IPOD dock

In article , wrote:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:16:12 GMT,
(GregS)
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I want to make an IPOD dock, well all I need is the connection.
I can buy the connector but I want to make sure I use the right pins.
Any tricks I should be aware of. My thoughts for a Xmas present is a
docking connector with lines to a set of decent computer speakers.
Well I guess the IPOD must come with a charging cable. All I
really need is the output cable and speakers .
I don't have an IPOD myself.

greg

Do these help?
http://pinouts.ru/PortableDevices/ipod_pinout.shtml
http://pinouts.ru/PortableDevices/ip...k_pinout.shtml

- Franc Zabkar

I think I have looked at those. It looks like all I need is 3.3 volts.

greg