Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LCD panel repair

If this is not the group to post this please forgive.
Is there any way to repair nonfunctional rows and columns in LCD displays
such as in inexpensive games etc.?

John.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

John wrote:
If this is not the group to post this please forgive.
Is there any way to repair nonfunctional rows and columns in LCD displays
such as in inexpensive games etc.?

John.

Sometimes you can clean the contact areas of an lcd, and
also the plastic transfer strips, but often you make things
worse.
Of course if things are not working properly, you can always
try it.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Sorry about the double posting, teranews was so slow I thought it was not
working so I used google.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"John" wrote in message
If this is not the group to post this please forgive.
Is there any way to repair nonfunctional rows and columns in LCD displays
such as in inexpensive games etc.?

John.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The only thing you can do is clean the contacts to the connections.
LCD panels themselves and their internal circuits are not repairable.
The fix is to replace.

Jerry G.

__

On Dec 6, 10:53*pm, "John" wrote:
If this is not the group to post this please forgive.
Is there any way to repair nonfunctional rows and columns in LCD displays
such as in inexpensive games etc.?

John.

** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If this is not the group to post this please forgive.
Is there any way to repair nonfunctional rows and columns in LCD displays
such as in inexpensive games etc.?

John.

Look on craig's list for broken game model like yours that has issues that
don't involve the display. It's probably pretty simple to transplant a
working display, complete, into your otherwise-working game.

Good luck,
--
DaveC

This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks to all who responded, now that my news provider seems to be working
again I was able to read and search properly and I have the answer, clean
thoroughly with rubbing alcohol and reassemble.

Many thanks and Merry Christmas, John.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"DaveC" wrote in message
obal.net...
If this is not the group to post this please forgive.
Is there any way to repair nonfunctional rows and columns in LCD displays
such as in inexpensive games etc.?

John.

Look on craig's list for broken game model like yours that has issues that
don't involve the display. It's probably pretty simple to transplant a
working display, complete, into your otherwise-working game.

Good luck,
--
DaveC

This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

** Posted from
http://www.teranews.com **
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks to all who responded, now that my news provider seems
to be working again I was able to read and search properly and
I have the answer, clean thoroughly with rubbing alcohol and
reassemble.

Possible warning.

I have never cleaned the zebra strip on malfunctioning LCDs. But I have
cleaned the board contacts, and the units were restored.

I would start by cleaning just the board contacts, and seeing what happens.

If you do wind up cleaning the zebra strip, do it by rolling the swab over
the strip, rather than rubbing it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
Thanks to all who responded, now that my news provider seems
to be working again I was able to read and search properly and
I have the answer, clean thoroughly with rubbing alcohol and
reassemble.

Possible warning.

I have never cleaned the zebra strip on malfunctioning LCDs. But I have
cleaned the board contacts, and the units were restored.

I would start by cleaning just the board contacts, and seeing what
happens.

If you do wind up cleaning the zebra strip, do it by rolling the swab over
the strip, rather than rubbing it.

Thanks for the warning. John.