Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TV (direct) channel color variation

I recently purchased a 27" Sony KV-27FS120 and most of the time, the picture
is great. Sometimes there is quite a bit of color intensity variation from
one channel to the next.

1. Is this something a TV should automatically correct for? if so, what is
that function called?

2. Is there an adjustment or setting that can engage or enhance this
corrective funtion?

I am not a tech but I am also not adverse to making internal adjustments
that don't require the exactness of a scope.

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Dec 8, 9:44*am, "Larry B" wrote:
I recently purchased a 27" Sony KV-27FS120 and most of the time,

the picture
is great. Sometimes there is quite a bit of color intensity

variation from
one channel to the next.

1. Is this something a TV should automatically correct for? *if so,

what is
that function called?

2. Is there an adjustment or setting that can engage or enhance

this
corrective funtion?

I am not a tech but I am also not adverse to making internal

adjustments
that don't require the exactness of a scope.

Thanks.

Auto Chroma Control ACC. It looks at the amplitude of color burst and
adjusts it to nominal. If the burst / chroma is getting messed up
somewhere, the ACC will 'fix' it but it won't be correct. Are you
comparing off air TV stations or a cable feed? I'd expect less
variation between TV stations than cable.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
On Dec 8, 9:44 am, "Larry B" wrote:
[...]

Dish Network. Seems worse on the regular VHF channels that the others. Is
there anything that I can do to improve the situation??

CH pressure variation fred[_2_] UK diy 5 October 3rd 08 10:08 AM
VAriation WARS [email protected] Home Repair 0 June 30th 06 05:01 AM
Cell phone preformance variation Dan Electronics Repair 4 March 8th 05 10:37 PM
Color variation with Honduran Mahogany Lars Stole Woodworking 7 January 24th 05 05:14 PM
Another variation on hourly rates UK diy 8 August 15th 03 01:17 AM