Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment

Default Looking for motor testing houses

Hello all. I'm looking to find companies in the United States that
perform testing and evaluation on small brush-less DC motors. I'm
talking about generating torque/speed curve profiles, dynamometer
testing, winding resistance and inductance measurement, etc., not just
"yeah Wally, it spins real purdy!" kind of testing. The motors I'm
interested in testing are ~1/4HP or ~200 Watts and max unloaded RPM of
~10,000. So far searching on Google has only lead to a single
reputable lead... I'd like to avoid having to get all the equipment
myself since this is a one or two time testing and the equipment is
too pricey to justify it. Thanks in advance!
-Will
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment

On Dec 8, 8:51 pm, wrote:
Hello all. I'm looking to find companies in the United States that
perform testing and evaluation on small brush-less DC motors. I'm
talking about generating torque/speed curve profiles, dynamometer
testing, winding resistance and inductance measurement, etc., not just
"yeah Wally, it spins real purdy!" kind of testing. The motors I'm
interested in testing are ~1/4HP or ~200 Watts and max unloaded RPM of
~10,000. So far searching on Google has only lead to a single
reputable lead... I'd like to avoid having to get all the equipment
myself since this is a one or two time testing and the equipment is
too pricey to justify it. Thanks in advance!
-Will

no idea buddy,but dont wary i m your friend u can talkto me
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment

On Dec 9, 8:33*pm, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:
Sounds like a real specialty shop.

Is this for some sort of QA function? Or are you trying to find the
motor parameters as the basis for some design/analysis work? If its the
latter, can you get the data from the manufacturer? If not, your best
bet might be to look for a cal-cert lab that deals with
electromechanical transducers.

--
Paul Hovnanian * *
Time is the best teacher; Unfortunately it kills all its students.

It is for QA. Essentially we have an old motor vendor we're not too
thrilled with and a new motor vendor we're feeling out. We want to
take samples of each and compare/contrast them, but also check the
real world numbers objectively. We know what the numbers *should* be,
but we'd like to verify that's what the numbers actually *are*.

-Will
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment

On Dec 10, 8:54*am, wrote:
[...]

Couldn't you make up a dummy load of a generator connected to the
output shaft of the motor, and then using a strobe and ammeter measure
the current draw for various loads / speeds and do that for both
motors to see if they draw comparable current for the same load and
speed?