Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Difference BD311/312 - BD311N/312N?

Dear Experts

For repairing an audio power amp I need a pair of BD311N/BD312N.

Unfortunately I've found just technical data for BD311/312. Can
anybody tell me the difference between BD311/312 and BD311N/312N?

TIA

Reinhard
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Reinhard Zwirner wrote in message
Dear Experts

For repairing an audio power amp I need a pair of BD311N/BD312N.

Unfortunately I've found just technical data for BD311/312. Can
anybody tell me the difference between BD311/312 and BD311N/312N?

TIA

Reinhard

Generally , but presumably manufacturer dependent
Transistor number with an N suffix = lead free / RoHS pins/leads.
ie full tin coating, so scrape back for tin-pest free, long term
reliability, if soldering into old kit.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N_Cook schrieb:

Reinhard Zwirner wrote in message
Dear Experts

For repairing an audio power amp I need a pair of BD311N/BD312N.

Unfortunately I've found just technical data for BD311/312. Can
anybody tell me the difference between BD311/312 and BD311N/312N?

TIA

Reinhard

Generally , but presumably manufacturer dependent
Transistor number with an N suffix = lead free / RoHS pins/leads.
ie full tin coating, so scrape back for tin-pest free, long term
reliability, if soldering into old kit.

Hello

Thank you very much for answering.

AFAIK those transistors were produced in the 70s of the last
century: ROHS wasn't on topic at that time ...

Best regards

Reinhard

Difference between H02 and H03 insurance? [email protected] Home Ownership 5 May 27th 06 03:13 AM
Telling the difference David White UK diy 7 December 14th 04 01:15 AM
How to tell the difference between RG-59, RG-59U or RG-6? orangetrader Home Repair 16 October 8th 04 06:16 AM
Difference Rakesh Electronics Repair 5 October 7th 04 06:15 AM
Difference EE-MAN Electronics 1 September 1st 03 04:42 PM