Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Toshiba TV model CF2668B, CH. 9210 vertical problem

The set has six inches of vertical deflection with severe non
linearity and foldover on top. Found one bad .1uf cap but replacing it
made no difference. It seems like I struggled with one of these years
ago with similar problems and I think I recall that there was a t0 220
transistor near the vertical chip that was the cause or part of the
problem. I found one used as a regulator near the vertical circuit and
it checks good though. I have no schematic which doesn't help either.
Does anyone have any tips on this model and/or a schematic if
possible? Thanks, Lenny.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 14:09:38 -0800 (PST),
" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

The set has six inches of vertical deflection with severe non
linearity and foldover on top. Found one bad .1uf cap but replacing it
made no difference. It seems like I struggled with one of these years
ago with similar problems and I think I recall that there was a t0 220
transistor near the vertical chip that was the cause or part of the
problem. I found one used as a regulator near the vertical circuit and
it checks good though. I have no schematic which doesn't help either.
Does anyone have any tips on this model and/or a schematic if
possible? Thanks, Lenny.

Is this one of those Toshiba chassis with a bad 50V 2.2uF (?) cap near
the jungle IC?

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
The set has six inches of vertical deflection with severe non
linearity and foldover on top. Found one bad .1uf cap but replacing it
made no difference. It seems like I struggled with one of these years
ago with similar problems and I think I recall that there was a t0 220
transistor near the vertical chip that was the cause or part of the
problem. I found one used as a regulator near the vertical circuit and
it checks good though. I have no schematic which doesn't help either.
Does anyone have any tips on this model and/or a schematic if
possible? Thanks, Lenny.

How long have you been at this, anyway?

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You pretty much nailed it Frank. The problem was caused by the two
small brown 1uf caps. One was near the output circuit which I had
already replaced and the other was near the jungle IC. I remember this
chassis now. Haven't seen one in a dog's age. Thanks everyone for all
the tips.
BTW Mark, what did you mean by your question, "How long have you been
at this anyway"? Are you asking about television repairs in general,
or time spent on this particular set? Lenny.