Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default schematics modern walkie talkies ????

Hi all,
I'm looking for schematics and PCB layouts of modern CB walkie talkies. I
assume that modern transceivers are made with ICs instead of discrete
components.
Does anyone know a place (website?) where I can get such schematics?

Thanks,
Marc

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 19:04:56 +0100, "Marc" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi all,
I'm looking for schematics and PCB layouts of modern CB walkie talkies. I
assume that modern transceivers are made with ICs instead of discrete
components.
Does anyone know a place (website?) where I can get such schematics?

Thanks,
Marc

You can get circuit diagrams, service manuals, internal/external
photos for various devices from the FCC web site:
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...ericSearch.cfm

You can also get technical information from Radioshack's support site:
http://support.radioshack.com/productinfo/

For example, these are the available documents in the Radio
Communications - CB Radios - Citizens Band Walkie-Talkies category:
http://support.radioshack.com/produc...s&ID=004002003

Notice that the catalogue numbers all begin with "21-". This is
Radioshacks's old numbering system. New numbers have a 3-digit prefix,
in this case "210-".

Now go to the FCC web site and plug in "Radioshack" in the "Applicant
Name" box and "210" in the "Product Code" box.

You will get 38 hits.

Here is one of them:
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout =500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=94652&fcc_id ='AAO2101614'

Amongst the results is a list of documents including manual, circuit
diagram, block diagram, photos, and technical description.

This is a list of Radioshack's tech docs on their own support site:
http://support.radioshack.com/produc...alkies&Reuse=N

Radioshack have lodged hundreds, if not thousands of documents with
the FCC. I have downloaded dozens of circuits for remote controlled
vehicles, for example.

- Franc Zabkar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Greetings Marc & others..

Regarding:
| Thanks but what I'm actually looking for are schematics etc.
for self-made
| (home-made) transceivers. Yes, indeed, I can use the industrial
ones.
| Thanks.

Consider doing some investigating of "FCC Type Acceptance" first
relative to the above...

Here's a clue, you won't find a "kit" for such *complete*
11-meter hand-held transceivers. This has and continues to be one
of the many problems on the 11-meter band. It was never intended
to be used in this manner. Furthermore, your considering a band
and a *mode* of operation that is quite noisy depending on
atmospheric conditions and where we are in our 11-year sun cycle.
Noisy from the perspective of all the other stations transmitting
on top of each other - heterodynes. Since the service is
'channelized' this is (unfortunately) typical.

A better consideration for portable (licensed & non-licensed)
service is GMRS/FRS radios. Consider,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General..._Radio_Service
http://radio.about.com/od/familyradi...ilyservice.htm
http://www.popularwireless.com/pra/PRA_CERTetal.html
http://www.hallikainen.com/FccRules/2006/95/1/

Nearly any of your local electronics stores, including many
department retail stores will carry FRS radios. Relative to all
the effort, expense and time put into the 11-meter and AM mode,
at least consider UHF and narrow band FM (NBFM) as a better all
around alternative. The GMRS radios have the ability to operate
through NBFM repeaters [typically] increasing your range
significantly.

Consider the alternatives..

Cheers,
Mr. Mentor

"Marc" wrote in message
| Thanks but what I'm actually looking for are schematics etc.
for self-made
| (home-made) transceivers. Yes, indeed, I can use the industrial
ones.
| Thanks.
|
| "Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
| On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 19:04:56 +0100, "Marc"
put
| finger to keyboard and composed:
|
| Hi all,
| I'm looking for schematics and PCB layouts of modern CB
walkie talkies. I
| assume that modern transceivers are made with ICs instead of
discrete
| components.
| Does anyone know a place (website?) where I can get such
schematics?

| Thanks,
| Marc
|
| You can get circuit diagrams, service manuals,
internal/external
| photos for various devices from the FCC web site:
| https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...ericSearch.cfm
|
| You can also get technical information from Radioshack's
support site:
| http://support.radioshack.com/productinfo/
|
| For example, these are the available documents in the Radio
| Communications - CB Radios - Citizens Band Walkie-Talkies
category:

http://support.radioshack.com/produc...s&ID=004002003

| Notice that the catalogue numbers all begin with "21-". This
is
| Radioshacks's old numbering system. New numbers have a
3-digit prefix,
| in this case "210-".
|
| Now go to the FCC web site and plug in "Radioshack" in the
"Applicant
| Name" box and "210" in the "Product Code" box.
|
| You will get 38 hits.
|
| Here is one of them:

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout =500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=94652&fcc_id ='AAO2101614'

| Amongst the results is a list of documents including manual,
circuit
| diagram, block diagram, photos, and technical description.
|
| This is a list of Radioshack's tech docs on their own support
site:

http://support.radioshack.com/produc...alkies&Reuse=N

| Radioshack have lodged hundreds, if not thousands of
documents with
| the FCC. I have downloaded dozens of circuits for remote
controlled
| vehicles, for example.
|
| - Franc Zabkar
| --
| Please remove one 'i' from my address when replying by email.

Walkie Talkie schematics and manual Marc[_8_] Electronics Repair 6 November 30th 08 01:56 PM
Modern cables Frank Erskine UK diy 1 May 7th 07 05:05 PM
modern furniture Lordmajax Home Ownership 3 February 10th 05 04:43 PM
2300+Monitor Schematics for Tech Engineers (August 2003) list Original UK schematics Monitor Schematics on CD Electronics Repair 1 August 10th 03 01:58 PM