Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default kenwood car radio need code

My kenwood car radio isnt working since i changed the battery. It is
now asking me for a a digit code. does anyone know a oem code to help
me.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

tronic wrote:
My kenwood car radio isnt working since i changed the battery. It is
now asking me for a a digit code. does anyone know a oem code to help
me.

What colour is it?

--
Adrian C
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 19:03:31 +0000, Adrian C wrote:
tronic wrote:
My kenwood car radio isnt working since i changed the battery. It is
now asking me for a a digit code. does anyone know a oem code to help me.

What colour is it?

More importantly, is the car 6-cyl or 4-cyl?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

tronic wrote:
My kenwood car radio isnt working since i changed the battery. It is
now asking me for a a digit code. does anyone know a oem code to help
me.

Do some net research. I recently had one in for repair that was locked
that i unlocked. I found on line a method of using the remote and
front panel keys to unlock some models.

bob

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

tronic wrote:
My kenwood car radio isnt working since i changed the battery. It is
now asking me for a a digit code. does anyone know a oem code to help
me.

Codes are unique to each radio, and sometimes programmable by the owner.
You'll have to find the owners manual to yours and get the number that
came with YOUR radio, or hopefully you wrote it down. Otherwise, it
would have to be sent back to a Kenwood service shop to be reset and
given a new code. This may cost more than the radio is worth.

Best of luck,
Tim

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

tronic wrote:
My kenwood car radio isnt working since i changed the battery. It is
now asking me for a a digit code. does anyone know a oem code to help me.

What colour is it?

More importantly, is the car 6-cyl or 4-cyl?

No, the number of cylinders is not significant. What is important is
the number of doors. If the number of doors is even, then one process
is needed to unlock it, and if the number of doors is odd, then
another process is used.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

tronic wrote:
My kenwood car radio isnt working since i changed the battery. It is
now asking me for a a digit code. does anyone know a oem code to help me.

What colour is it?

More importantly, is the car 6-cyl or 4-cyl?

No, the number of cylinders is not significant.
What is important is the number of doors.

All in the finest tradition of Tom and Ray!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 12:52:51 -0000, Tim Schwartz wrote:

tronic wrote:
My kenwood car radio isnt working since i changed the battery. It is
now asking me for a a digit code. does anyone know a oem code to help
me.

Codes are unique to each radio, and sometimes programmable by the owner.
You'll have to find the owners manual to yours and get the number that
came with YOUR radio, or hopefully you wrote it down. Otherwise, it
would have to be sent back to a Kenwood service shop to be reset and
given a new code. This may cost more than the radio is worth.

Whatever happened to telling them to put the radio in the freezer overnight?

Two men dressed in pilots uniforms walk up the aisle. Both are wearing dark glasses, one is using a guide dog, and the other is tapping his way along the aisle with a cane. Nervous laughter spreads through the cabin, but the men enter the cockpit, the door closes, and the engines start up. The passengers begin glancing nervously around, searching for some sign that this is just a little practical joke. None is forthcoming. The plane moves faster and faster down the runway, and the people sitting in the window seats realize theyre headed straight for the water at the edge of the airport territory. As it begins to look as though the plane will plough into the water, panicked screams fill the cabin. At that moment, the plane lifts smoothly into the air. The passengers relax and laugh a little sheepishly, and soon all retreat into their magazines, secure in the knowledge that the plane is in good hands.
In the cockpit, one of the blind pilots turns to the other and says, €œYou know, Bob, one of these days, theyre gonna scream too late and were all gonna die.€
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

tronic wrote:
My kenwood car radio isnt working since i changed the battery. It is
now asking me for a a digit code. does anyone know a oem code to help
me.

Codes are unique to each radio, and sometimes programmable by the owner.
You'll have to find the owners manual to yours and get the number that
came with YOUR radio, or hopefully you wrote it down. Otherwise, it
would have to be sent back to a Kenwood service shop to be reset and
given a new code. This may cost more than the radio is worth.

Whatever happened to telling them to put the radio in the freezer overnight?

It didn't work when your parents did it to you, and it doesn't work on
flash memory.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

tronic wrote:
My kenwood car radio isnt working since i changed the battery. It is
now asking me for a a digit code. does anyone know a oem code to help
me.

Codes are unique to each radio, and sometimes programmable by the owner.
You'll have to find the owners manual to yours and get the number that
came with YOUR radio, or hopefully you wrote it down. Otherwise, it
would have to be sent back to a Kenwood service shop to be reset and
given a new code. This may cost more than the radio is worth.

Whatever happened to telling them to put the radio in the freezer overnight?

It didn't work when your parents did it to you, and it doesn't work on
flash memory.

I know it doesn't work. But people used to say it did, which is why I mentioned it. There were plenty of other silly things about doors, but everyone forgot the obvious.

An expectant mother was being rushed to the hospital, but
didn't quite make it.

She gave birth to her baby on the hospital lawn. Later, the
father received a bill, listing "Delivery Room Fee: $500."

He wrote the hospital and reminded them the baby was born
on the front lawn. A week passed, and a corrected bill arrived:

"Greens Fee: $200."

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

People come here for answers, not ignorant bull****.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 19:50:28 -0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 19:15:56 -0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It didn't work when your parents did it to you, and it doesn't work on
flash memory.

I know it doesn't work. But people used to say it did, which is why I mentioned it. There were plenty of other silly things about doors, but everyone forgot the obvious.

People come here for answers, not ignorant bull****.

Then why did someone ask him the number of cylinders in the engine, and the number of doors on the car?

An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets the more interested in her he is.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

People come here for answers, not ignorant bull****.

And they get plenty of both :-)

Geoff.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Peter Hucker wrote:

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 19:15:56 -0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It didn't work when your parents did it to you, and it doesn't work on
flash memory.

I know it doesn't work. But people used to say it did, which is why I mentioned it. There were plenty of other silly things about doors, but everyone forgot the obvious.

People come here for answers, not ignorant bull****.

Then why did someone ask him the number of cylinders in the engine, and the number of doors on the car?

You've never bought car parts at the dealer? They ask that when you
buy a gas cap. The databases are set up that you need the year & model,
along with other questions to drill down to the information you want. It
is designed to be used by mechanics, not computer experts.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

People come here for answers, not ignorant bull****.

And they get plenty of both :-)

Not all of the ignorant stuff is intentional.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Peter Hucker wrote:
On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 19:15:56 -0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It didn't work when your parents did it to you, and it doesn't
work on flash memory.

I know it doesn't work. But people used to say it did, which is
why I mentioned it. There were plenty of other silly things about
doors, but everyone forgot the obvious.

People come here for answers, not ignorant bull****.

Then why did someone ask him the number of cylinders in the engine,
and the number of doors on the car?

Because, just maybe, the phule would take the hint and reveal the
manufacturer's model number of the radio.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Peter Hucker wrote:

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 19:15:56 -0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It didn't work when your parents did it to you, and it doesn't work on
flash memory.

I know it doesn't work. But people used to say it did, which is why I mentioned it. There were plenty of other silly things about doors, but everyone forgot the obvious.

People come here for answers, not ignorant bull****.

Then why did someone ask him the number of cylinders in the engine, and the number of doors on the car?

You've never bought car parts at the dealer? They ask that when you
buy a gas cap. The databases are set up that you need the year & model,
along with other questions to drill down to the information you want. It
is designed to be used by mechanics, not computer experts.

I usually get asked the engine number. I never have this to hand and give them the make, model, year, etc. They are at a loss to find anything.

"Th on my k yboard has stopp d working"
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Peter Hucker wrote:

I usually get asked the engine number. I never have this to hand and give them the make, model, year, etc. They are at a loss to find anything.

You are on the wrong side of the planet.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 20:27:59 -0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:

I usually get asked the engine number. I never have this to hand and give them the make, model, year, etc. They are at a loss to find anything.

You are on the wrong side of the planet.

Not too sure I want to move over there.....

Ridicule is nothing to be scared of.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Peter Hucker wrote:

I usually get asked the engine number. I never have this to hand and give them the make, model, year, etc. They are at a loss to find anything.

You are on the wrong side of the planet.

Not too sure I want to move over there.....

Good, because we don't need any more British birdbrains emigrating to
the US.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Peter Hucker wrote:

I usually get asked the engine number. I never have this to hand and give them the make, model, year, etc. They are at a loss to find anything.

You are on the wrong side of the planet.

Not too sure I want to move over there.....

Good, because we don't need any more British birdbrains emigrating to
the US.

Agreed - you already have more than your fair share of stupidity. Any more and the country would implode.

The remarkable thing about my mother is that for 30 years she served us nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found. -- Calvin Trillin
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Peter Hucker wrote:

I usually get asked the engine number. I never have this to hand and give them the make, model, year, etc. They are at a loss to find anything.

You are on the wrong side of the planet.

Not too sure I want to move over there.....

Good, because we don't need any more British birdbrains emigrating to
the US.

Agreed - you already have more than your fair share of stupidity. Any more and the country would implode.

I agree that's why I would like to see all the illegal aliens, and
those who have overstayed their visa rounded up & deported.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Peter Hucker wrote:

I usually get asked the engine number. I never have this to hand and give them the make, model, year, etc. They are at a loss to find anything.

You are on the wrong side of the planet.

Not too sure I want to move over there.....

Good, because we don't need any more British birdbrains emigrating to
the US.

Agreed - you already have more than your fair share of stupidity. Any more and the country would implode.

I agree that's why I would like to see all the illegal aliens, and
those who have overstayed their visa rounded up & deported.

You need to vote for the US equivalent of the BNP.

I walked into a public toilet where I found two cubicles, one of which was already occupied. So I entered the vacant one, as you do, and dropped my trousers and sat down.
A voice from the next cubicle said "Hello mate, how are you doing?"
I thought it a bit strange, but not wanting to be rude replied, "Yeah not too bad, ta".
After a pause I heard the voice again: "So, what are you up to mate?"
Again, I answered somewhat reluctantly it must be said. Unsure what to say now, I replied "Umm, just having a quick poo.... how about yourself?"
I then heard the voice for the third time...."Sorry mate, I'll have to call you back... I've got some d*ckhead in the next loo answering everything I say!"
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Peter Hucker wrote:

I usually get asked the engine number. I never have this to hand and give them the make, model, year, etc. They are at a loss to find anything.

You are on the wrong side of the planet.

Not too sure I want to move over there.....

Good, because we don't need any more British birdbrains emigrating to
the US.

Agreed - you already have more than your fair share of stupidity. Any more and the country would implode.

I agree that's why I would like to see all the illegal aliens, and
those who have overstayed their visa rounded up & deported.

You need to vote for the US equivalent of the BNP.

Brain Natriuretic Peptide?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

krw wrote:

In article ,
says...

krw wrote:

In article ,

says...

Peter Hucker wrote:

I usually get asked the engine number. I never have this to hand and give them the make, model, year, etc. They are at a loss to find anything.

You are on the wrong side of the planet.

Not too sure I want to move over there.....

Good, because we don't need any more British birdbrains emigrating to
the US.

Agreed - you already have more than your fair share of stupidity. Any more and the country would implode.

Brits? Yeah, we have all of the smart Brits already. In fact, your
little island has already imploded because of the brain drain.

Can you blame the smart ones for leaving?

Nope. Maybe now the French will move to that lousy little island
and increase the IQ of both.

Do you think they can achieve the required critical mass. Or will
they still fall a little short?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:43:04 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...

krw wrote:

In article ,

says...

Peter Hucker wrote:

I usually get asked the engine number. I never have this to hand and give them the make, model, year, etc. They are at a loss to find anything.

You are on the wrong side of the planet.

Not too sure I want to move over there.....

Good, because we don't need any more British birdbrains emigrating to
the US.

Agreed - you already have more than your fair share of stupidity. Any more and the country would implode.

Brits? Yeah, we have all of the smart Brits already. In fact, your
little island has already imploded because of the brain drain.

Can you blame the smart ones for leaving?

Nope. Maybe now the French will move to that lousy little island
and increase the IQ of both.

Then French are not especially intelligent. They are more sensible in quite a few ways, but not more intelligent.

When the office printer's type began to grow faint, the office manager called a local repair shop where a friendly service agent told him that the printer probably only needed a thorough cleaning. Because the store charged $50 for such
cleanings, he said, the manager might try reading the printer's manual and doing the job himself.
Pleasantly surprised by the man's candor, the office manager asked, "Does your boss know that you discourage business!?"
"Actually it's my boss's idea," the employee replied. "We usually make more money on repairs if we let people try to fix things themselves first."

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 05:24:07 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:43:04 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...

krw wrote:

In article ,

says...

Peter Hucker wrote:

I usually get asked the engine number. I never have this to hand and give them the make, model, year, etc. They are at a loss to find anything.

You are on the wrong side of the planet.

Not too sure I want to move over there.....

Good, because we don't need any more British birdbrains emigrating to
the US.

Agreed - you already have more than your fair share of stupidity. Any more and the country would implode.

Brits? Yeah, we have all of the smart Brits already. In fact, your
little island has already imploded because of the brain drain.

Can you blame the smart ones for leaving?

Nope. Maybe now the French will move to that lousy little island
and increase the IQ of both.

Then French are not especially intelligent. They are more sensible in quite a few ways, but not more intelligent.

Well, then we agree. You are dumber than a frog.

How on earth could you possibly read that into what I wrote?

,
/ \
.' '.
/ \
/.-. .-.\
`/ '.' \`
.' '.
/.--. .--.\
`/ '. .' \`
.' ` '.
/.---. .----.\
`/ `. .' \`
.' `.' '.
/,----, ,----,\
`'-.__.;-,____,-;.__.-'
`"""`
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
says...
On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 05:24:07 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,

says...
On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:43:04 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...

krw wrote:

In article ,

says...

Peter Hucker wrote:

[...]

Ok, stupid, I'll spell it out for you. The French "aren't
especially intelligent", yet if they moved to your puny god-forsaken
island would increase your average IQ. Got it dummy?

--
Keith
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 00:30:58 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 05:24:07 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,

says...
On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:43:04 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...

krw wrote:

In article ,

says...

Peter Hucker wrote:

[...]

This "god-forsaken" island doesn't believe in god like you neanderthals. It also doesn't get half destroyed by hurricanes and earthquakes every 5 minutes. Oh and we can spell complicated words like colour and aluminium.

A waiter brings the customer the steak he ordered with his thumb over the meat.
"Are you crazy?" yelled the customer, "with your hand on my steak?"
"What" answers the waiter, "You want it to fall on the floor again?"
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
says...
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 00:30:58 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,

says...
On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 05:24:07 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,

says...
On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:43:04 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...

krw wrote:

In article ,

says...

Peter Hucker wrote:

[...]

You don't even make a convincing liar.

It also doesn't get half destroyed by hurricanes and earthquakes every 5 minutes.

Dumb as a box of rocks too. Though there is nothing new here.

Oh and we can spell complicated words like colour and aluminium.

No, quite obviously you can't.

--
Keith

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 04:38:28 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 00:30:58 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,

says...
On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 05:24:07 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,

says...
On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:43:04 -0000, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...

krw wrote:

In article ,

says...

Peter Hucker wrote:

[...]

Go look at some stats. Most Americans are religious. Most Brits are either atheists, or slightly religious but don't even bother going to church.

It also doesn't get half destroyed by hurricanes and earthquakes every 5 minutes.

Dumb as a box of rocks too. Though there is nothing new here.

You haven't heard of hurricanes? I'm sure any decent news website will help you out here.

Oh and we can spell complicated words like colour and aluminium.

No, quite obviously you can't.

Ignoramus.

A male patient is lying in bed in the hospital, wearing an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose, still heavily sedated from a difficult, four hour surgical procedure.
A young student nurse appears to give him a partial sponge bath.
"Nurse", he mumbles, from behind the mask "Are my testicles black?"
Embarrassed the young nurse replies "I don't know sir. I'm only here to wash your upper body and feet."
He struggles to ask again, "Nurse are my testicles black?"
Concerned that he may damage his vitals from worry about his testicles, she overcomes her embarrassment and sheepishly pulls back the covers.
She raises his gown, holds his willie in one hand and his testicles in the other, lifting them and moving them around.
Then she takes a close look and says "There's nothing wrong with them sir"
The man pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her and says very slowly "Thank you very much, that was wonderful, but listen very, very carefully...
"Are - my - test - results - back?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Peter Hucker wrote:

This "god-forsaken" island doesn't believe in god like you neanderthals. It also doesn't get half destroyed by hurricanes and earthquakes every 5 minutes. Oh and we can spell complicated words like colour and aluminium.

Funny, GB seems to have an *official*, as in *government* supported
church, something that's prohibited in the US.

Jerry
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jerry Peters wrote:
Peter Hucker wrote:
This "god-forsaken" island doesn't believe in god like you neanderthals. It also doesn't get half destroyed by hurricanes and earthquakes every 5 minutes. Oh and we can spell complicated words like colour and aluminium.

Funny, GB seems to have an *official*, as in *government* supported
church, something that's prohibited in the US.

Jerry

Yeah, but they don't believe in it.....

jak
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 21:03:20 -0000, Jerry Peters wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:

This "god-forsaken" island doesn't believe in god like you neanderthals. It also doesn't get half destroyed by hurricanes and earthquakes every 5 minutes. Oh and we can spell complicated words like colour and aluminium.

Funny, GB seems to have an *official*, as in *government* supported
church, something that's prohibited in the US.

What the government does and what the general public does are completely unrelated.

Sex Manual for Computer Experts

1. Be user friendly.
2. Take bytes.
3. Fondle joystick.