Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default soar multimeter 4040

Hello,
Does anybody have the manual and the schematics of this multimeter.
R20 is blown up and I do not know its value.
With kind regards,

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Alpigo" wrote in message
Hello,
Does anybody have the manual and the schematics of this multimeter.
R20 is blown up and I do not know its value.
With kind regards,

Is it an analog meter? You may be able to experiment to find an acceptable
value. Often the Rx1 resistor is the one to burn out - often in the 10 to 12
ohm range.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 20:58:01 +0100, Alpigo
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hello,
Does anybody have the manual and the schematics of this multimeter.
R20 is blown up and I do not know its value.
With kind regards,

If it is a range setting resistor, then try to determine the values of
the resistors on the other ranges and then make an intelligent guess
or calculation.

For example, a string of resistors in a potential divider may consist
of 9M, 900K, 90K, 9K, 900R, 90R, 10R.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Franc Zabkar a utilisé son clavier pour écrire :
On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 20:58:01 +0100, Alpigo
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hello,
Does anybody have the manual and the schematics of this multimeter.
R20 is blown up and I do not know its value.
With kind regards,

If it is a range setting resistor, then try to determine the values of
the resistors on the other ranges and then make an intelligent guess
or calculation.

For example, a string of resistors in a potential divider may consist
of 9M, 900K, 90K, 9K, 900R, 90R, 10R.

- Franc Zabkar

Thx for the answers.
It is a digital 4 digit autoranging multimeter. I have replaced the
resistor by a 4,7R and the multimeter now seems to give the right
reading for the intensity 20-200 mA generated by a intensitygenerator
and a second multimeter in serie with the defect one. So I will try to
validate the value following your guess.
With kind regards