DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Short circuit: Do not connect Icicle lights with C7 or C9 lights? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/265754-short-circuit-do-not-connect-icicle-lights-c7-c9-lights.html)

lbbss November 27th 08 11:33 PM

Short circuit: Do not connect Icicle lights with C7 or C9 lights?

Why is there a warning on our icicle lights, Do not connect Icicle
lights with C7 or C9 lights, it could short circuit. Is that a
serious warning, or just legal jargon to cover their buts? I have the
new C7 Light, that I want to connect on the same line as Thanks.

p.s. do C7 lights come in both LED and regular bulbs? Does the c7
refer to the size or type of blub? tx

PeterD November 28th 08 12:12 AM

Short circuit: Do not connect Icicle lights with C7 or C9 lights?

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:33:10 -0800 (PST), lbbss
wrote:

Why is there a warning on our icicle lights, Do not connect Icicle
lights with C7 or C9 lights, it could short circuit. Is that a
serious warning, or just legal jargon to cover their buts? I have the
new C7 Light, that I want to connect on the same line as Thanks.

p.s. do C7 lights come in both LED and regular bulbs? Does the c7
refer to the size or type of blub? tx

C7/C9 draw much more current, can can overload the minimal wire in the
icicle strings.

If you put the C7/C9's first in the string, you probably will be OK.