Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default PANASONIC TV (ALPHA CHASSIS, model TXC81URE) no EHT, etc

Currently looking at this TV which has only the channel indicator at
power-on. nothing else comes on - no EHT, audio etc. no whines or
other noise from inside.

-Line transistor checked Ok,
-D854 checked Ok
-I changed the 47uF 50v cap in the psu which looked stressed,
-checked R567 fusible in B+ line, measured good.
- using a dummy load 60watt bulb in place of the line transistor gives
nothing at all, no voltage at collector.

I'm sure this is something simple I have overlooked, and will keep
looking...meanwhile any ideas gratefully received.
Ben
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On Nov 22, 4:22 am, b wrote:

-I changed the 47uF 50v cap in the psu which looked stressed,

sorry - that should read c808 10uF.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 22 nov, 04:43, b wrote:
On Nov 22, 4:22 am, b wrote:

-I changed the 47uF 50v cap in the psu which looked stressed,

sorry - that should read c808 10uF.

replaced mains filter cap, now there is b+ but no EHT, psu squeals.
can anyone confirm which exact chasis this set uses (alpha 1 or 2, I
am guessing) so i can change the line driver trafr.? B.