DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   S-Video Splitter 2 Males 1 Female? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/265077-s-video-splitter-2-males-1-female.html)

Ron November 19th 08 07:11 AM

S-Video Splitter 2 Males 1 Female?

Do they make a S-Video splitter that has 2 male plugs and 1 female
plug?

I'm wanting to run a S-VHS VCR and a DVD player on a TV that only has
one S-Video input.

Dave Plowman (News) November 19th 08 09:06 AM

S-Video Splitter 2 Males 1 Female?

In article
,
Ron wrote:
Do they make a S-Video splitter that has 2 male plugs and 1 female
plug?

Have you tried Google for exactly what you've called it? Gets loads of
hits here. Passive devices which are just cables and active ones too.

--
*If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

msg November 19th 08 07:20 PM

Ron wrote:

Do they make a S-Video splitter that has 2 male plugs and 1 female
plug?

I'm wanting to run a S-VHS VCR and a DVD player on a TV that only has
one S-Video input.

I made an S-Video breakout box for scope monitoring -- could be useful
to chain the signals to monitors or devices which don't terminate:

http://www.cybertheque.org/homebrew/.../s-vid-box.jpg

Michael

Ron November 19th 08 07:42 PM

S-Video Splitter 2 Males 1 Female?

On Nov 19, 4:06*am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article
,
* *Ron wrote:

Do they make a S-Video splitter that has 2 male plugs and 1 female
plug?

*Have you tried Google for exactly what you've called it? Gets loads of
hits here. Passive devices which are just cables and active ones too.

Yes, and all I can find are 1 male 2 females.

Dave Plowman (News) November 20th 08 12:04 AM

Ron wrote:
On Nov 19, 4:06 am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article
,
Ron wrote:

Do they make a S-Video splitter that has 2 male plugs and 1 female
plug?

Have you tried Google for exactly what you've called it? Gets loads of
hits here. Passive devices which are just cables and active ones too.

Yes, and all I can find are 1 male 2 females.

Didn't really read that bit as all the S-Video leads I've seen use the
same plugs at both ends.

--
*He who laughs last, thinks slowest.