DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where can I get Dip Cmos SRAM 64kx8 bit format? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/264307-where-can-i-get-dip-cmos-sram-64kx8-bit-format.html)

Bob F November 6th 08 09:38 PM

Where can I get Dip Cmos SRAM 64kx8 bit format?

I have an old homebuilt home controller built around an 80c51FA microcontroller.
I'd like to get some new ram for it in a DIP format, probably a 64 or 128 kbit x
8 bit format. I can use 28 or 32 pin DIPs. It currently uses 32kx8 HM62256 DIPs.
(5V operation)

Where can I get such a thing these days in small quantities?

A specific part # might also help in my search.

msg November 7th 08 02:24 PM

Bob F wrote:

I have an old homebuilt home controller built around an 80c51FA microcontroller.
I'd like to get some new ram for it in a DIP format, probably a 64 or 128 kbit x
8 bit format. I can use 28 or 32 pin DIPs. It currently uses 32kx8 HM62256 DIPs.
(5V operation)

Where can I get such a thing these days in small quantities?

A specific part # might also help in my search.

I get such parts from old 386 and 486 motherboards (L2 cache) ; most often they are
socketed and so have long leads.

Michael

gareth magennis November 7th 08 04:52 PM

"Bob F" wrote in message
I have an old homebuilt home controller built around an 80c51FA
microcontroller. I'd like to get some new ram for it in a DIP format,
probably a 64 or 128 kbit x 8 bit format. I can use 28 or 32 pin DIPs. It
currently uses 32kx8 HM62256 DIPs. (5V operation)

Where can I get such a thing these days in small quantities?

A specific part # might also help in my search.

Specifying the country that you live in may also help.

If you are in the UK, you can buy one here.
http://www.cricklewoodelectronics.co...=search&page=1

Gareth.

Bob F November 7th 08 06:11 PM

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message

"Bob F" wrote in message
I have an old homebuilt home controller built around an 80c51FA
microcontroller. I'd like to get some new ram for it in a DIP format, probably
a 64 or 128 kbit x 8 bit format. I can use 28 or 32 pin DIPs. It currently
uses 32kx8 HM62256 DIPs. (5V operation)

Where can I get such a thing these days in small quantities?

A specific part # might also help in my search.

Specifying the country that you live in may also help.

If you are in the UK, you can buy one here.
http://www.cricklewoodelectronics.co...=search&page=1

I'm in the U.S. Seattle specifically.

Mark Zenier November 7th 08 06:36 PM

Where can I get Dip Cmos SRAM 64kx8 bit format?

In article ,
Bob F wrote:
I have an old homebuilt home controller built around an 80c51FA microcontroller.
I'd like to get some new ram for it in a DIP format, probably a 64 or 128 kbit x
8 bit format. I can use 28 or 32 pin DIPs. It currently uses 32kx8 HM62256 DIPs.
(5V operation)

Where can I get such a thing these days in small quantities?

A specific part # might also help in my search.

Er, what continent?

In the US, I'd try the web for Jameco, JDR Microdevices (if they still
exist) and B&D Enterprises.

Mark Zenier

Ryan Weihl[_3_] November 7th 08 11:11 PM

Gareth Magennis wrote:

"Bob F" wrote in message
I have an old homebuilt home controller built around an 80c51FA
microcontroller. I'd like to get some new ram for it in a DIP
format, probably a 64 or 128 kbit x 8 bit format. I can use 28 or
32 pin DIPs. It currently uses 32kx8 HM62256 DIPs. (5V operation)

Where can I get such a thing these days in small quantities?

A specific part # might also help in my search.

Specifying the country that you live in may also help.

If you are in the UK, you can buy one here.
http://www.cricklewoodelectronics.co....php?mode=sear
ch&page=1

Gareth.

try digi-key and go for a nv-ram

Andy November 8th 08 06:01 AM

Where can I get Dip Cmos SRAM 64kx8 bit format?

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 13:38:56 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

I have an old homebuilt home controller built around an 80c51FA microcontroller.
I'd like to get some new ram for it in a DIP format, probably a 64 or 128 kbit x
8 bit format. I can use 28 or 32 pin DIPs. It currently uses 32kx8 HM62256 DIPs.
(5V operation)

Where can I get such a thing these days in small quantities?

A specific part # might also help in my search.

IC, 628128LP-70, SRAM, 5V, 128k x 8, 70ns, DIP-32
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=131810 &