Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Anyone seen a tactile switch like this?

http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tactswrh0.jpg

It's in a Kenwood 7" mobile monitor. It's self centering, but if you
activate the plunger either direction it will close with one of two
poles depending on the direction of the throw. Kenwood has been of no
help. I tried to pour over some google images in hopes of a source
lead and no dice. It is a very tiny switch, and very fragile.

If you could help me, you would save this from the dumpster =(

TIA

- Matt
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Matty-t wrote:

http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tactswrh0.jpg

It's in a Kenwood 7" mobile monitor. It's self centering, but if you
activate the plunger either direction it will close with one of two
poles depending on the direction of the throw. Kenwood has been of no
help. I tried to pour over some google images in hopes of a source
lead and no dice. It is a very tiny switch, and very fragile.

If you could help me, you would save this from the dumpster =(

TIA

- Matt

That looks a lot like one of the switches in some older CD drives !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2008-10-29, Baron wrote:
http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tactswrh0.jpg

That looks a lot like one of the switches in some older CD drives !

Panasonic has switches like that :
http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/...atb0000ce8.pdf
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...e=P12340SCT-ND

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:41:55 -0000, Baron wrote:

Matty-t wrote:

http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tactswrh0.jpg

It's in a Kenwood 7" mobile monitor. It's self centering, but if you
activate the plunger either direction it will close with one of two
poles depending on the direction of the throw. Kenwood has been of no
help. I tried to pour over some google images in hopes of a source
lead and no dice. It is a very tiny switch, and very fragile.

If you could help me, you would save this from the dumpster =(

TIA

- Matt

That looks a lot like one of the switches in some older CD drives !

My thought was a printer.

An explorer in the deepest Amazon suddenly finds himself surrounded by a bloodthirsty group of natives.
Upon surveying the situation, he says quietly to himself, "Oh god, I'm ****ed."
There is a ray of light from heaven and a voice booms out: "No you are NOT ****ed.
Pick up that stone at your feet and bash in the head of the chief standing in front of you."
So the explorer picks up the stone and proceeds to bash the living **** out of the chief.
As he stands above the lifeless body, breathing heavily and surrounded by 100 natives with a look of shock on their faces, god's voice booms out again:
"Okay ..... NOW you're ****ed."
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2008-10-29, Baron wrote:

http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tactswrh0.jpg

That looks a lot like one of the switches in some older CD drives !

Panasonic has switches like that :http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/...tail?name=P123...

Mika,

Your my new hero.. not sure how long that will last, but consider it
an honor
Thats exactly what I was looking for. Thank you to all who replied!!

- Matt