Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Norelco 6863 XL Razor

I have 2 of these models.
The first one refused to shut off [continued on at full throttle] so I
plugged it into power thinking that might trigger something to change state.
Instead, there was a small "poof" and the power led turned "red." It worked
corded a for a few hours and then died completely.
The second unit is just now refusing to turn off [at least it slows down and
gradually stops].
I disassembled the first unit and was unable to visualize any defect or find
anything obvious with a multimeter.
I did read the SER FAQs on Norelco.
[Having used these for 40 years, I preferred the simpler models.]
I'd probably have better luck if anyone has a schematic.
Or any hints?
Thank you.

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.