Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Philips TV model 20PT6245/37, Vertical Deflection Problem

Hi,

I have a Philips TV model 20PT6245/37 (mfg 05/05) in my
service shop with a loss of vertical deflection. I do not have SM.

For a moment after the TV is turned on, there is some vertical deflection,
but it collapsed into a single horizontal line in the middle.

I checked solder joints at the vertical IC, resoldered them anyway, but
this had no effect. Note: I soldered other joints too. Flexing and tapping
on mother board has no effect.

I couldn't find pin out info on the vertical IC AN7225N on the
web so I could make additional tests.

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 23 oct, 04:42, (Brad) wrote:
Hi,

I have a Philips TV model 20PT6245/37 (mfg 05/05) in my
service shop with a loss of vertical deflection. I do not have SM.

For a moment after the TV is turned on, there is some vertical deflection,
but it collapsed into a single horizontal line in the middle.

I checked solder joints at the vertical IC, resoldered them anyway, but
this had no effect. Note: I soldered other joints too. Flexing and tapping
on mother board has no effect.

I couldn't find pin out info on the vertical IC AN7225N on the
web so I could make additional tests.

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

scan coil connections?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

b wrote:
On 23 oct, 04:42, (Brad) wrote:

Hi,

I have a Philips TV model 20PT6245/37 (mfg 05/05) in my
service shop with a loss of vertical deflection. I do not have SM.

For a moment after the TV is turned on, there is some vertical deflection,
but it collapsed into a single horizontal line in the middle.

I checked solder joints at the vertical IC, resoldered them anyway, but
this had no effect. Note: I soldered other joints too. Flexing and tapping
on mother board has no effect.

I couldn't find pin out info on the vertical IC AN7225N on the
web so I could make additional tests.

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

scan coil connections?

This may sound like an asinine statement how ever, with the weak
diagnostics described in the original post, how can one claim to be
a service repair man ?

What happen to the days of using component cooler on suspected parts
that obvious work at first, like in this post.

How about a service schematic, scope, DMM, Cap tester, ESR etc...

oh well..

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"