Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default transistor CCS9018E105

As read around the barrel, one gap only between 5 and C

from someone's cherished 1960s Japanese radio. Only a signal one , probably
Si in otherwise mixed Si/Ge.
Form like 3 pin version of TO105 or TO107 , black dome, brown barrel,
slightly "D" plan view. Italic lower case f logo on other similar
transistors, Fujitsu logo of that time?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:58:32 +0100 "N Cook" wrote in
Message id: :

Italic lower case f logo on other similar
transistors, Fujitsu logo of that time?

Fairchild might be the manufacturer.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

JW wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:58:32 +0100 "N Cook" wrote in
Message id: :

Italic lower case f logo on other similar
transistors, Fujitsu logo of that time?

Fairchild might be the manufacturer.

E105 either FET or switching transistor are of that package type of that
time, but I doubt would be in 1960s 6 transistor radio. Will explore more
tomorrow.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:58:32 +0100, "N Cook" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

As read around the barrel, one gap only between 5 and C

from someone's cherished 1960s Japanese radio. Only a signal one , probably
Si in otherwise mixed Si/Ge.
Form like 3 pin version of TO105 or TO107 , black dome, brown barrel,
slightly "D" plan view. Italic lower case f logo on other similar
transistors, Fujitsu logo of that time?

I don't know the significance of the "105" suffix, but ...

CCS9018E crosses to an NTE123AP:
http://www.nteinc.com/specs/100to199/pdf/nte123ap.pdf

CCS9018F crosses to an NTE108:
http://www.nteinc.com/specs/100to199/pdf/nte108.pdf

CCS9018H924 crosses to an NTE161:
http://www.nteinc.com/specs/100to199/pdf/nte161.pdf

According to this site ...

http://www.flippers.com/X-Ref-ECG.html

.... an ECG123AP replaces a 2N4401 or MPSA06.

I'd be very careful of the above substitutions. I can't understand why
there is such a massive difference in ratings between the various
suffixes. Even stranger are the results of an NTE search for similar
looking part numbers.

To see what I mean, try searching for *9018* or *9018E* or *S9108* at

http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte%5CNTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Franc Zabkar wrote in message
[...]

I did find data for CS9018E which was National Semiconductor TO92 package.

Looks like suck-it-and-see.

Had another look for italic f logo but nothing found on that.
Fairchild always seems to have always had upper and lower line and Fujitsu
an infiniti or something over the name.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 20:12:18 +0100, "N Cook" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Had another look for italic f logo but nothing found on that.
Fairchild always seems to have always had upper and lower line and Fujitsu
an infiniti or something over the name.

Fujitsu has the upper and lower lines, Fairchild has the lower case
italic "f".

See http://bos.hack.org/ic_logos/

BTW, access to the logos on your web site is "403 Forbidden".

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N Cook" wrote in message
As read around the barrel, one gap only between 5 and C

from someone's cherished 1960s Japanese radio. Only a signal one ,
probably
Si in otherwise mixed Si/Ge.
Form like 3 pin version of TO105 or TO107 , black dome, brown barrel,
slightly "D" plan view. Italic lower case f logo on other similar
transistors, Fujitsu logo of that time?

Google "SS9018" and see if the general type makes any sense for its position
in the set.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 15, 12:12*pm, "N Cook" wrote:

Had another look for italic f logo but nothing found on that.
Fairchild always seems to have always had upper and lower line and Fujitsu
an infiniti or something over the name.

Did it look something like this?

http://www.fairchildsemi.com/packagi...mark/logo.html

Jerry
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

My last post on this thread seems to have gone to a black hole , so repeated

Franc Zabkar wrote in message
news
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 20:12:18 +0100, "N Cook" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Had another look for italic f logo but nothing found on that.
Fairchild always seems to have always had upper and lower line and

Fujitsu
an infiniti or something over the name.

Fujitsu has the upper and lower lines, Fairchild has the lower case
italic "f".

See http://bos.hack.org/ic_logos/

BTW, access to the logos on your web site is "403 Forbidden".

- Franc Zabkar

I can't believe they were half amp rated transistors, the speaker drivers
and predriver, heatsinked as 1, are Ge

Another one of same brown and black domed form is
f CS13121 218
I've removed (all closely packed) pocket radio fashion

where f is that Fairchild f logo and a definite space between 21 and 21

I dug out an old ECA German data book and a
CS9018E equates to BF495
and CS1312I not CS13121 equates to BC307
it is just about possible, under magnification, to see horizontal blips top
and bottom of the "1" and a straight vertical line for the "I",
both much more likely in a small tranny

leaving the last 3 numbers , probably, date code for 1971 and 1972, or was
there Si in early 60s ?

Now I've removed the transistor referred to in the heading the 105 is
slightly out of line with the rest of the script

For the archives , there are about 60 other CS.... types listed with
equivalents.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

CK727 PNP Si drift transistor - CK766 PNP Ge transistor ratings legg Electronic Schematics 19 May 15th 08 01:12 PM
RF transistor Lost'n Found Electronics 6 June 19th 06 01:32 PM
Need transistor sub Bill Robinson Electronics Repair 2 June 19th 06 12:19 PM
SMD transistor ID TA7205 Electronics Repair 1 September 2nd 04 02:40 PM
Transistor CS1092G in Sutton 8 transistor AM-radio ? Matti Kaki Electronics Repair 8 October 22nd 03 09:13 PM