Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Bearcat BC855XLT Loosing Memory

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Obviously, "Stacey" is a juvenile.

This scanner has been working just fine in my shop, so I returned it
to my customer.
Brad

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 13:31:20 GMT, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

Hi,

I looked inside, but I didn't see a "unique" capacitor. All capacitors
looked like conventional types.

Also, this scanner is holding memory. I can unplug the power
source, then later plug it in and the memory is still there. I asked
the customer if this loss of memory occurred around the time of a
storm. He said "no".

Brad

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 13:08:01 GMT, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

Hi,

I have a Bearcat BC 855XLT scanner (scanning radio) in my service shop.
No schematic. The radio lost all it's memory, but I was able to reprogram
some of the channels and the radio works.

The OM says, "A unique capacitor type memory back-up eliminates the need
for batteries". I suspect that maybe this capacitor is going bad(?), but
since I don't have a schematic, I have no idea where this capacitor is
located.

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.