DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Samsung TV (MODEL TX62746) problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/258221-samsung-tv-model-tx62746-problem.html)

[email protected] August 18th 08 04:22 PM

Samsung TV (MODEL TX62746) problem

When you turn the TV on, either manually or by the remote, the TV does
not come on but there is a clicking sound like a relay coming and
off, or a relay trying to energize but can't. this continues until the
plug is pulled. Any thoughts?
Tom

Stacey Chuffo August 18th 08 05:22 PM

wrote in message
When you turn the TV on, either manually or by the remote, the TV does
not come on but there is a clicking sound like a relay coming and
off, or a relay trying to energize but can't. this continues until the
plug is pulled. Any thoughts?
Tom

Maybe your Horizontal Output Transistor is fux0red. Had that happen on a JVC
TV once. I was going to repair but but I bought a Sony flat panel instead.
When I get around to it, I might just throw a bowling ball through the JVC
or smash it with a Louisville Slugger for laughs.

[email protected] August 19th 08 05:44 AM

On Aug 18, 8:22 am, wrote:
When you turn the TV on, either manually or by the remote, the TV does
not come on but there is a clicking sound like a relay coming and
off, or a relay trying to energize but can't. this continues until the
plug is pulled. Any thoughts?
Tom

If you use Google Groups, you can look up the thread on "Samsung
TXB-1930 TV not starting reiliably". You symptom sounds a lot like
mine, and replacing the transistor, as suggested by
lsmartino, worked for me.