Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

Default Oil for plastic laptop hinges

Rod Speed wrote:
john hamilton wrote:

The hinges on our Fujitsu laptop screen appear to be 'all' plastic and they get very 'difficult to move' making the
screen difficult to fold up and down.

We have have tried 'WD-40', but that seems effective for only a very short time.

And is bad for the plastic.

We are afraid to use ordinary oil as we thought it might effect the plastic.

So does WD-40.

WD40 is nasty stuff with most plastics. It seems to get inside the plastic and
it disintegrates suddenly and catastrophically at a later date.

-- JJ
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

get very 'difficult to move' making the
screen difficult to fold up and down.

We have have tried 'WD-40', but that seems effective for only a very
short time.

And is bad for the plastic.

We are afraid to use ordinary oil as we thought it might effect the
plastic.

So does WD-40.

WD40 is nasty stuff with most plastics. It seems to get inside the plastic
and
it disintegrates suddenly and catastrophically at a later date.

Radio Spares part number 175-5880 Special plastics grease

Hope that helps John.