Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

Default Oil for plastic laptop hinges

On Aug 11, 2:32*am, "john hamilton" wrote:
The hinges on our Fujitsu laptop screen appear to be 'all' plastic and they
get very 'difficult to move' making the screen difficult to fold up and
down.

We have have tried 'WD-40', but that seems effective for only a very short
time.

We are afraid to use ordinary oil as we thought it might effect the plastic.
We were thinking of using olive oil, but somebody has told us that olive oil
'degrades' and goes sticky, over time.

We have got some Camellia oil that was given to us, and it's made from
Camellias and it comes from Japan and is suppose not to 'degrade'. Still
it's an unknown quantity to us.

Does anyone know what would be a suitable and safe lubricant in this case?
Since we dont want to cause any problems with the plastic on this lap top..
Grateful for any suggestions, thanks.

Haven't read the rest of these so there could be duplicates. I'd try
some of that locksmith powdered slate; for the life of me I can't
think of the "name".
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

On Aug 11, 3:08*am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message

In article ,
"john hamilton" wrote:

[...]

I suggest you contact Fujitsu's tech support to discuss this problem.

Dry graphite lock lubricant, maybe ? A tint squirt of wax furniture polish ?

Arfa- Hide quoted text -

Graphite...that's the stuff I was thinking of Worked great on my
vinyl window track
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

"john hamilton" wrote:

Does anyone know what would be a suitable and safe lubricant in this
case? Since we dont want to cause any problems with the plastic on
this lap top. Grateful for any suggestions, thanks.

Silicon lube should work. However, I would use soap. That's common
ordinary soap flakes or shredded Ivory brand soap bars. That's what
I use for doors, hinges, screws, cd trays, and any place where I need
a no-mess lube job.

NOTE: The following unrelated newsgroups were removed from my reply to
the cross-posted message:
misc.consumers.frugal-living
uk.d-i-y

You said not to use vegetable oils. Yet then you suggest by way of
Ivory soap to use animal fat (sodium tallowate = sodium hydroxide, or
caustic lye, and tallow). Because Ivory is more caustic is why it has
better antimicrobial qualities. Yeah, like animal fat doesn't break
down. Ivory is more caustic than, say, Dove which is more mild and is a
synthethic detergent bar (synthetic surfecants and vegetable oil).

I always snickered about the "99.44% pure" slogan since they never did
mention from WHAT it was pure. It was a measure against the castile
soap (made from vegetable oil and less lye) against which it competed
back in the 1890's regarding proclaimed impurities (maybe the fine ash
used in soap-making to provide the salts) that were in the castile soap
but not in Ivory.

The hard lube sticks you buy (to rub on the lube which would do nothing
in the case of hinges or anywhere the lubricate needs to penetrate to
interface between the working surfaces) are made from some combination
of grease, wax, hardened fats (which would be more like the Ivory soap
bar), glyceride, graphite or PTFE (aka Teflon), molybdenum disulfide,
and a petroleum derived hydrocarbon. Obviously a soap bar or lube stick
won't last long where there is any humidity. That's why using a soap
bar on a kitchen drawer works well but not on drawers in the bathroom
vanity. A silicone-based lube won't be permanent but it lasts longer
than soap and won't build up like soap. Molybdenum disulfide (aka Moly)
is a dry lubricant and would probably work better on the drawers and
definitely on the hinges. Moly has an extraordinary affinity to stick
to metal so it's good for hinges once you get a wetting carrier to
penetrate and deposit the Moly on the mating surfaces or use a grease
formula to keep it sticking in place when you re-assemble the pieces.

While I'll use a soap bar to help screw in that superlong wood screw,
I'm not thereafter concerned about the lubrication qualities of the
soap. It doesn't have to provide long-lasting lubrication. Just once
is enough. Lasting lubrication is not what soap does. I snicker when
thinking about using it on hinges, as mentioned, and then wonder why the
hinge is squeaking again after a rainstorm or why the steamy bathroom
vanity drawers are sticking again. Might be a no-mess lube job but it's
not a good lube job.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

"VanguardLH" wrote in message
. ..
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

"john hamilton" wrote:

[...]

i totally agree

washingup liquid is good on sqeaky hinges for a while, till it rusts them

hth

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

"john hamilton" wrote in
:

The hinges on our Fujitsu laptop screen appear to be 'all' plastic and
they get very 'difficult to move' making the screen difficult to fold
up and down.

We have have tried 'WD-40', but that seems effective for only a very
short time.

We are afraid to use ordinary oil as we thought it might effect the
plastic. We were thinking of using olive oil, but somebody has told us
that olive oil 'degrades' and goes sticky, over time.

We have got some Camellia oil that was given to us, and it's made from
Camellias and it comes from Japan and is suppose not to 'degrade'.
Still it's an unknown quantity to us.

Does anyone know what would be a suitable and safe lubricant in this
case? Since we dont want to cause any problems with the plastic on
this lap top. Grateful for any suggestions, thanks.

Do you have a hobby shop in your area?
Esp. one that caters to Model railroaders?
You can buy a Plastics Compatible Lube there.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Kadaitcha Man"
saying something like:

Yet another ****ing moron.

LUBRICATES
WD-40?s lubricating ingredients

are utter ****e.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House
Posted to alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

d, ye puking monsieur mock-water, you would answer very well to a
whipping, ye protested:

"§ñühwØ£f" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 13:27:24 +0000, d aided th' terraists with the
following claims :

"Kadaitcha Man" wrote in message

LUBRICATES
WD-40's lubricating ingredients are widely dispersed and hold to all
moving
parts. WD-40 does not contain silicone or other additives that attract
dust
and dirt.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

catchadisck cuts-n-pastes of the manufacturers website and think he
knows
it all

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

WD40 is for using on seized metal joints and such or to dispel water.

It's a right bodge solution, as the sticky film left behind is highly
efficent at trapping dirt and dust.

but you forte is your bodge solutions isn't it catchadickhead

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Calm down goofy. WD40 has tons of uses. We used to treat teh dashboard of
the work van and the door panels with it.
Its not "sticky". It *might* attract dust so a better alternative woul be
silicone spray. Like wot we use on our tredmill.
FYI

sorryBITCHSLAP

You obsequious little ****.

Posted to alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

Default PING AUK Ownership Registrar ( Oil for plastic laptop hinges)

d, ye ill-breeding sorrowful issue, thou art a most notable coward, an
infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of not
one good quality, ye screaked:

"Kadaitcha Man" wrote in message

Really? I ride motorcycles and WD-40 is used for lubrication. It's
entirely
your own fault if you don't use the product to its full potential.

You use WD40 as a lubricant on a motorbike ? Well, good luck to you.

I use 10/40 oil, grease and copper grease.

The only time I use WD40BITCHSLAP

I repeat, it is entirely your problem if you purchase something but lack the
foresight and knowledge to use it to its full potential.

WD40 isBITCHSLAP

Don't try to make nice-nice, k00oky. Only your horrible and painful death
will prevent you from being chewed up and shat out.

Posted to alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

"§ñühwÃ~£f" wrote in message
[...]

F**king a? I bet you spent a half hour looking through the dictionary for
that one LOL

Posted to alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

d, ye flea-infested triton of the minnows, lead apes in hell, ye
averred:

"§ñühwÃ~£f" wrote in message
[...]

No doubt that idea reflects exactly what you would need to do.

Posted to alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

d wrote:

"§ñühwØ£f" wrote in message
[...]

sorry, I was more interested in Katchadickhead's claim that he know
all
about it after cut-n-pasting off the manufacturers website
when,obviously,
he has never used it in his life. After all , they won't let him out
of the
cellar. Just wait till they find out he's gotton onto the Internet.
He'll be
in for a paddling then !

strokes beard thoughtfuly
Hmmmm...are you in fact a sock of Buckys?
The orthograpics are *so* similar

--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth, ye reeky cur, a bankrupt, a prodigal, who dare scarce show
thy head on Usenet, ye chortled:

Kadaitcha Man wrote:

Yet another ****ing moron.

Good of you to introduce yourself.

The War Department specified WD-40 as a water dispersant. Not as a
lubricant.

LMAO "The War Department specified WD-40 as a water dispersant. Not as a
lubricant"..."therefore it is not a lubricant."

You ****ing stupid ****.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon, ye rude-growing gudgeon, thou art opposite to
humanity, ye proclaimed:

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Kadaitcha Man"
saying something like:

Yet another ****ing moron.

LUBRICATES
WD-40?s lubricating ingredients

are utter ****e.

So ****ing what? Take it up with the manufacturer, you ****ing gormless tit.

Posted to alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries wrote:
§ñühwØ£f wrote:
[...]

http://www.naturalhandyman.com/qa/qawd40.html

Yeh I saw this program on discovery channel about how they make it.

which links to:

http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/infxtra/infwd40.html

and then there's this:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/wd-40.asp

ITS MADE OF DEAD WHALES!!!1111111!!!!!
OMG!
But it has a nice fragrance...well...I like it.

--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
It wasn't there again today
The host resolved to NSA.
Posted to alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

"§ñühwÃ~£f" wrote in message
[...]

Nah, i'd spend 5 seconds on google

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

john hamilton wrote:

Screen appear to move' makinges on our fujitsu laptop screen difficult
to move' making they get very 'difficult to move' making the hinges on
our fujitsu laptop screen appear to fold up and they get very 'difficult
to move' makinges on our fujitsu laptop screen appear to fold up and the
hinges on our fujitsu laptop.

That seems effective tried 'wd-40', but time. We have have for only a
very short that seems effective tried 'wd-40', but that seems effective
tried 'wd-40', but that seems.

Might it might it might it might effect the plastic. We we thinking of
us to use oil, but somebody has thinking olive ordinary oil as were the
plasticky, over time. We we that olive oil as that olive ordinary oil
'degrades' and goes stic. We were are thinking olive oil as told us
thought it might effect that olive oil as thinking of us thinking of use
oil 'degrades' and goes stic. We were.

Unknown quantity to 'degrade'. Still it's made'. Still it comes from
camellia oil that was given to us, and is suppose not to us, and is
suppose not to us, and it come camellias given to 'degrade from camellia
oil that was an an and is suppose not some camellia oil that was given
to us, and it come camellias an unknown quantity to us. We have got to
'degrade'.

We dont want want in thanks. Does and safe lubricant want in the
plastions, this lap top. Grateful for and safe lubricant to case? Since
we dont in this cause a suitablems with the plastic on the plastions,
thanks. Does anyone know what would be any suitablems with this lap to
cause anyone know what want in this lap top. Grateful for anyone know
what want want in this lap to cause.

Powdered Graphite..

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"

Posted to alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

d, ye shameless old white-bearded satan, if you spend word for word with
me, I shall make your wit bankrupt, ye bemoaned:

"d" wrote in message
om...

"Kadaitcha Man" wrote in message

Really? I ride motorcycles and WD-40 is used for lubrication. It's
entirely
your own fault if you don't use the product to its full potential.

You use WD40 as a lubricant on a motorbike ? Well, good luck to you.

I use 10/40 oil, grease and copper grease.

The only time I use WD40 on a motorbike is on the electrics if they get
damp, and thats in an emergency.

Oh, I may use it to loosen siezed parts such as the brake cam and caliper
parts

You use WD-40 on siezed caliper parts? Doesn't it sting if it gets into the
bore-holes in your skull?

Posted to alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

d, ye mad barnacle, o most insatiate and luxurious woman, ye huffed:

"§ñühwÃ~£f" wrote in message
[...]

...to lookup words you don't know.

Posted to alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

-new-guinea...

"§ñühwÃ~£f" wrote in message
[...]

you're totally discombobulated now, a?

Posted to alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

§ñühw¤£f, ye mouldy deformed thief, as I told you always, thy self and
thy brain go not together, ye announced:

d wrote:

"§ñühwØ£f" wrote in message
[...]

It's doubtful. ****faced InBreeder can't type a sentence without referring
to piles of ****.

Posted to alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

§ñühw¤£f wrote:
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries wrote:
§ñühwØ£f wrote:
[...]

Quick, call PETA.

OMG!
But it has a nice fragrance...well...I like it.

My cats hate it.

I use it mostly for removing extra sticky labels on items it can't
damage. On more delicate items, I use peanut butter.

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

"You know you can indict a ham sandwich if you want to."
William J. Martini, Judge, United States District Court

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , "john hamilton" wrote:
The hinges on our Fujitsu laptop screen appear to be 'all' plastic and they
get very 'difficult to move' making the screen difficult to fold up and
down.

We have have tried 'WD-40', but that seems effective for only a very short
time.

Dont ever use a Water Displacer for lubricating stuff.

I would use some sort of lube like Lubriplate, Mollylube, or sylglide or White
Lithium Grease

http://www.valco-cp.com/White%20Lithium%20Grease.htm
http://www.action-electronics.com/caraudio.htm

We are afraid to use ordinary oil as we thought it might effect the plastic.
We were thinking of using olive oil, but somebody has told us that olive oil
'degrades' and goes sticky, over time.

Dont use a organic based oil.

We have got some Camellia oil that was given to us, and it's made from
Camellias and it comes from Japan and is suppose not to 'degrade'. Still
it's an unknown quantity to us.

Does anyone know what would be a suitable and safe lubricant in this case?
Since we dont want to cause any problems with the plastic on this lap top.
Grateful for any suggestions, thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article -leste, "Kadaitcha Man" wrote:
Stacey Chuffo, ye backward soul, a new Gorgon doth destroy my sight, ye
dripped:

"john hamilton" wrote in message

We have have tried 'WD-40', but that seems effective for only a very
short time.

WD-40 ain't a lubricant, it's a cleaner and a water displacer used to
prevent rust.

You fat-mouthed ****head know-nothing ****flap. WD-40 is oil-based therefore
it must lubticate. Lo and behold...

LUBRICATES
WD-40’s lubricating ingredients are widely dispersed and hold to all moving
parts. WD-40 does not contain silicone or other additives that attract dust
and dirt.

http://www.wd40.com.au/WD-40.html

So thats your preffered lube for masturbation?
Posted to alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

§ñühwØ£f, ye stinking fat-mouth, thou art a boil, a plague sore, an
embossed carbuncle in my corrupted blood, ye whimpered:

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:59:33 -1200, Kadaitcha Man aided th' terraists with
the following claims :

d wrote:

"§ñühwØ£f" wrote in message
[...]

His scat fetish is his most endearing quality!

Make that "endearing defect" and I'll let it go. He has no qualities.

Posted to alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:01:32 -0400, Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries aided th'

§ñühw¤£f wrote:
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries wrote:
§ñühwØ£f wrote:
[...]

I was one of them...in the 80s...

Did you see this:

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2008/0...happens_wh.php

You can watch the entire show he

http://www.hulu.com/watch/24012/30-days-animal-rights

I have very mixed feelings about PETA--mostly not good ones--but I truly
enjoyed this show.

OMG!
But it has a nice fragrance...well...I like it.

My cats hate it.

So its NOT made of fish...

I use it mostly for removing extra sticky labels on items it can't
damage. On more delicate items, I use peanut butter.

Orange oil is good...but WILL eat some plastics, fyi.

That's why I use peanut butter. Never really considered using orange oil
to remove labels, but I do use it for other things.

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

"You know you can indict a ham sandwich if you want to."
William J. Martini, Judge, United States District Court

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

Kadaitcha Man wrote:

You ****ing stupid ****.

Look at all the time you have posted to Usenet and you remain
clue-resistant.
Posted to alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

d wrote:

"§ñühwØ£f" wrote in message
[...]

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/9...rom_wikipedia/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Kadaitcha Man"
saying something like:

Yet another ****ing moron.

LUBRICATES
WD-40?s lubricating ingredients

are utter ****e.

That's because the letters WD mean that it is a water dispersing fluid,
as a lubricant, it is utter ****e that evaporates quite quickly.

Dave
Posted to alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

d wrote:

"§ñühwØ£f" wrote in message
[...]

He's warming the bench with Honest John

--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
It wasn't there again today
The host resolved to NSA.
Posted to alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk

§ñühw¤£f wrote:
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries wrote:
§ñühwØ£f wrote:
[...]

Heh...I like his chicken outfit.
Spurlock did a good show on fast food and what it did to him.

You can watch the entire show he

http://www.hulu.com/watch/24012/30-days-animal-rights

Mheh...not on dialup I cant.

I have very mixed feelings about PETA--mostly not good ones--but I
truly
enjoyed this show.

I read Animal Liberation in 1981 and it changed my life.
Unfortunately I got diabetic recently and had to change my diet so added
fish back in.

OMG!
But it has a nice fragrance...well...I like it.

My cats hate it.

So its NOT made of fish...

I use it mostly for removing extra sticky labels on items it can't
damage. On more delicate items, I use peanut butter.

Orange oil is good...but WILL eat some plastics, fyi.

That's why I use peanut butter. Never really considered using orange
oil
to remove labels, but I do use it for other things.

It smells nice

--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
It wasn't there again today
The host resolved to NSA.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

john hamilton posted for all of us...

The hinges on our Fujitsu laptop screen appear to be 'all' plastic and they
get very 'difficult to move' making the screen difficult to fold up and
down.

We have have tried 'WD-40', but that seems effective for only a very short
time.

We are afraid to use ordinary oil as we thought it might effect the plastic.
We were thinking of using olive oil, but somebody has told us that olive oil
'degrades' and goes sticky, over time.

We have got some Camellia oil that was given to us, and it's made from
Camellias and it comes from Japan and is suppose not to 'degrade'. Still
it's an unknown quantity to us.

Does anyone know what would be a suitable and safe lubricant in this case?
Since we dont want to cause any problems with the plastic on this lap top.
Grateful for any suggestions, thanks.

Tri-flow or White Lightening
--
Tekkie - I approve this advertisement/statement/utterance.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Dave
saying something like:

WD-40?s lubricating ingredients

are utter ****e.

That's because the letters WD mean that it is a water dispersing fluid,
as a lubricant, it is utter ****e that evaporates quite quickly.

Which is exactly my point and one that Kai The Dysfunctional fails to
grasp.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

[...]

***

Give the hinges a shot of Teflon spray. Long lasting & won't hurt plastic.
Shield the LCD screen just to be safe.
http://www.weicon.de/en/produkte/tec...flon-spray.php

Larry

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 23:26:11 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Dave
saying something like:

WD-40?s lubricating ingredients

are utter ****e.

That's because the letters WD mean that it is a water dispersing fluid,
as a lubricant, it is utter ****e that evaporates quite quickly.

Which is exactly my point and one that Kai The Dysfunctional fails to
grasp.

*Water* is virtually as effective a lubricant as WD-40.

If you want a general lubricant, think in terms of conventional stuff
such as 3-in-1 or Vaseline.

More specialised stuff includes graphite, PTFE, K-Y (!) and so on.

For penetrating oil, PlusGas takes a lot of beating.

Penetrol is an anti-rust stuff.

WD-40 attempts to do all these things, but long-term it fails.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y

Frank Erskine wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 23:26:11 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Dave
saying something like:

WD-40?s lubricating ingredients

are utter ****e.

That's because the letters WD mean that it is a water dispersing
fluid, as a lubricant, it is utter ****e that evaporates quite
quickly.

Which is exactly my point and one that Kai The Dysfunctional fails to grasp.

*Water* is virtually as effective a lubricant as WD-40.

Nope, nothing like it. Drys much more quickly for starters.

If you want a general lubricant, think in terms of conventional stuff such as 3-in-1 or Vaseline.

More specialised stuff includes graphite, PTFE, K-Y (!) and so on.

For penetrating oil, PlusGas takes a lot of beating.

Penetrol is an anti-rust stuff.

WD-40 attempts to do all these things, but long-term it fails.

And isnt great for plastics either.