DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fluke 123 Scopemeter (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/257056-fluke-123-scopemeter.html)

JP[_6_] August 2nd 08 01:00 PM

Fluke 123 Scopemeter

My Fluke 123 Scopemeter has developed both horizontal and vertical
lines in the display to the point that I can no longer read it. When
I called Fluke, they made it sound like a common problem, but their
base bench fee is $552.00 for repair. Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

Jeff Liebermann August 2nd 08 09:00 PM

Fluke 123 Scopemeter

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 05:00:49 -0700 (PDT), JP
wrote:

My Fluke 123 Scopemeter has developed both horizontal and vertical
lines in the display to the point that I can no longer read it. When
I called Fluke, they made it sound like a common problem, but their
base bench fee is $552.00 for repair. Any ideas?

If the lines look like the unpowered display background, it might just
be dirt or corrosion in the LCD contact area. This seems especially
likely as you're seeing problems in both axis. Take it apart and
clean the connections.

No suggestions on where else to get it repaired. You might want to
ask around if this really is a common problem. If it is, then there
should be a ready supply of users with similar issues that might give
you a clue as to what's necessary. However, I did some quick Googling
for similar postings and found nothing useful.

Note that you can buy a replacement meter for the repair costs:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ele/778600019.html

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D