Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Source of small pot knobs - UK ?

The small ones found on audio mixers , especially for the small slplined
shaft ones of about 4.6mm. A nice random selection would be nice , to match
up for missing ones.
Just a brand name or generic term for them would help googling.

OT: Anyone tried the son of Google - Cuil.com.? Beautiful black text on
black background for the searchbox is what I get on Firefox.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
N Cook wrote:
The small ones found on audio mixers , especially for the small slplined
shaft ones of about 4.6mm. A nice random selection would be nice , to
match up for missing ones.

Canford Audio - I'd guess. At a price.

--
*Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:39:00 +0100, "N Cook" wrote:

OT: Anyone tried the son of Google - Cuil.com.? Beautiful black text on
black background for the searchbox is what I get on Firefox.

Just looked - it is a white searchbox using IE6 or Firefox 2.0.0.16.
Agreed the rest of the page (and text) is funeral black.

Geo
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Geo wrote:

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:39:00 +0100, "N Cook" wrote:

OT: Anyone tried the son of Google - Cuil.com.? Beautiful black text on
black background for the searchbox is what I get on Firefox.

Just looked - it is a white searchbox using IE6 or Firefox 2.0.0.16.
Agreed the rest of the page (and text) is funeral black.

Geo

Searchbox is OK on Netscape 7.2, but results pages have no vert. scrollbar so
one can't view anything but the top of the page; also results extend past
the right margin and there is no horiz. scrollbar so that area is unviewable
as well.

Index can't be nearly as large as Google's: I got zero hits on keyword searches
designed to produce hits for my site, which are properly returned by a Google
search.

Michael
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

msg wrote:

Geo wrote:

OT: Anyone tried the son of Google - Cuil.com.?

snip

Index can't be nearly as large as Google's: I got zero hits on keyword
searches designed to produce hits for my site, which are properly
returned by a Google search.

FWIW, they crawled me but didn't get any content (/robots.txt permits
indexing of most of the site content):

crawl-12.cuill.com - - [21/Jul/2008:14:56:29 -0500] "GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.0" 200 193
crawl-12.cuill.com - - [22/Jul/2008:17:35:46 -0500] "GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.0" 200 193
crawl-12.cuill.com - - [24/Jul/2008:14:02:21 -0500] "GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.0" 200 193
crawl-12.cuill.com - - [26/Jul/2008:05:38:58 -0500] "GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.0" 200 193
crawl-12.cuill.com - - [27/Jul/2008:08:47:38 -0500] "GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.0" 200 193
crawl-12.cuill.com - - [29/Jul/2008:05:32:59 -0500] "GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.0" 200 193

Michael

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

msg wrote in message
ernet...
Geo wrote:

[...]

Looks as though I'll have to continue packing out small 1/4 inch knobs with
2 layers of electrician's 0.6mm thick earth wire sleeving. Cut axially and
both coincident for D section ones and overlapped for round ones. Bot very
professional but holds together ok on the splines without slipping

Firefox 2
I had, options/load images, disbled which somehow makes the searchbox black.
Sometimes only top of page is visible, sometimes all

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N Cook wrote:

The small ones found on audio mixers , especially for the small slplined
shaft ones of about 4.6mm.

Most are proprietary I'm afraid. You could look at what Sifam have to offer.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Eeyore wrote in message

N Cook wrote:

The small ones found on audio mixers , especially for the small slplined
shaft ones of about 4.6mm.

Most are proprietary I'm afraid. You could look at what Sifam have to

offer.

Graham

I get the impression proprietary. Yes, these look the sort of ones
http://www.sifam.com/knobsSelector.a...=Knobs_Push_On
No specific mention of the few random ones I clicked on , for 4.6mm spline
shafts but certainly some for 4mm , presumably round or D, so promising

Of the thousands of salvaged knobs I've collected over the years not a
single one for 4.6mm . Unfortunately all mixers that come my way for repair,
get returned, and no scrappers.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England