Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Vintage CD Player optical laser pickup

Hello Everybody!!!

Well I really need your help now. I just got an old NEC CD-510BU CD
Player, but somebody removed its laser pickup, and I have no idea
which pickup it uses. I have tried contacting NEC but they did not
help.

Well, but I do have some clues: First, manufacturing date of this
player is april 1987. Also, the connectors for the laser assembly are
just like KSS-210: a pair of red and white connectors, 8 pin each.
But, a KSS-210 wont work mechanicaly: The KSS-210 expects the gear for
the tracking mechanism to be located on the upper side of the CD
the underside of the loading mechanism. So, a KSS-210 would fit but
wouldnt move, obviously. Also, by looking at the grease pattern at the
tracking gear I can tell that the optical pickup that was here before
uses those two teeth strings connected with a spring, engaged on the
tracking gear to move.

Well, that is all I know. I really appreciate ANY feedback as I tried
everything I could but could not find the part number of the pickup
this player uses.

Thank you very much!

Cheers,
Bernardo Santos.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 23, 6:57*pm, Bernardo wrote:
[...]

I think you had better resign yourself to throwing it out..
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 25 jul, 20:10, "hr(bob) " wrote:
[...]

I'm afraid so, although I still have some hope I'll fix this thing.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 24, 8:57*am, Bernardo wrote:
[...]

Hi
It is doris here
we mainly supply many kinds of IC(TEA6842, 70055AB, PCF7935AS....) and
laser pickup such as SF-DS20, SF-DV21, TOP-1200, SF-HD62, SF-HD6,
PVR-802W, PVR-502W,SF-HD80, KSS-240A, KHM-240AAA,VED0440, DAX-23E, SF-
HD4, SF-C93, CDM 12.4.....use for CD, VCD, DVD player, PS2/3, laptop,
AUTO...

please contact me if you have any other part to need,we will try to
meet you
have a good day

Best Regards
Doris.sale