DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bullet VM30 combo, GDR from 1990 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/255401-bullet-vm30-combo-gdr-1990-a.html)

N_Cook July 13th 08 10:01 PM

Bullet VM30 combo, GDR from 1990

But looks more 1970s .
Anyone familiar with strange transistor. capacitor and these IC markings
such as
"X2 080" ,"X8 761" ,"TL 761" (not opto) ,"X8 082" ,"X6 081" ,"X6 082" ,
V4007D (not CMOS 4000)

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Piotr Piatek July 14th 08 08:34 AM

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 22:01:59 +0100, "N_Cook" wrote:

Anyone familiar with strange transistor. capacitor and these IC markings
such as
"X2 080" ,"X8 761" ,"TL 761" (not opto) ,"X8 082" ,"X6 081" ,"X6 082" ,
V4007D (not CMOS 4000)

Found in an old VEB Kombinat Mikroelektronik databook:

B080D = TL080
B081D = TL081
B082D = TL082
B761D = TAA761
V4007D = CD4007UBE

Best regards

Piotr

N_Cook July 14th 08 10:28 AM

Piotr Piatek wrote in message

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 22:01:59 +0100, "N_Cook" wrote:

Anyone familiar with strange transistor. capacitor and these IC

markings
such as
"X2 080" ,"X8 761" ,"TL 761" (not opto) ,"X8 082" ,"X6 081" ,"X6 082" ,
V4007D (not CMOS 4000)

Found in an old VEB Kombinat Mikroelektronik databook:

B080D = TL080
B081D = TL081
B082D = TL082
B761D = TAA761
V4007D = CD4007UBE

Best regards

Piotr

Thanks for that, I'd only assumed there was no use for 6 off CMOS inverter
packs, assuming they were more likely to be quad opamp packs.

Do you know why there are all thes +digit numbers on the ICs transistors and
electrolytics ?
the 2 main TO3 output Tesla devices are marked KD607 but also X69321

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

N_Cook July 14th 08 10:29 AM

Bullet VM30 combo, GDR from 1990

thes +digit

should read

these X + digit

Piotr Piatek July 14th 08 12:49 PM

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:28:07 +0100, "N_Cook" wrote:

Do you know why there are all thes +digit numbers on the ICs transistors and
electrolytics ?
the 2 main TO3 output Tesla devices are marked KD607 but also X69321

Sorry, I don't know. Perhaps they are date codes.

Piotr

Joerg Wunsch July 14th 08 01:24 PM

N_Cook wrote:

Do you know why there are all thes +digit numbers on the ICs transistors and
electrolytics ?

No idea about the electrolytics. On the semiconductors, it's the marking
for production month and year (but I don't have the code handy).

the 2 main TO3 output Tesla devices are marked KD607 but also X69321

The KD607 is a Czech npn power transistor, 10 A, 80 V, 70 W, designed
for AF power amps.
--
cheers, J"org .-.-. --... ...-- -.. . DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/ NIC: JW11-RIPE

N_Cook July 14th 08 03:29 PM

Joerg Wunsch wrote in message
N_Cook wrote:

Do you know why there are all thes +digit numbers on the ICs transistors

and
electrolytics ?

No idea about the electrolytics. On the semiconductors, it's the marking
for production month and year (but I don't have the code handy).

the 2 main TO3 output Tesla devices are marked KD607 but also X69321

The KD607 is a Czech npn power transistor, 10 A, 80 V, 70 W, designed
for AF power amps.
--
cheers, J"org .-.-. --... ...-- -.. . DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/ NIC: JW11-RIPE

I only have one German data book , ECA from 1987 and it does not list the
final uncertainty.
An E-line size or varicap type package of a diode marked 32 VV or 32 YV, 32
volt zener ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Joerg Wunsch July 14th 08 03:55 PM

N_Cook wrote:

An E-line size or varicap type package of a diode marked 32 VV or 32
YV, 32 volt zener ?

Any chance to take a photo? My guess is it's an SAY32 which is a simple
silicon small-signal diode.

N_Cook July 14th 08 06:30 PM

N_Cook wrote:

An E-line size or varicap type package of a diode marked 32 VV or 32
YV, 32 volt zener ?

Any chance to take a photo? My guess is it's an SAY32 which is a simple
silicon small-signal diode.
--
cheers, J"org .-.-. --... ...-- -.. . DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/ NIC: JW11-RIPE

with a 2.5mm nut for scale
http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/32vv.jpg
the pins are flat not round

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Piotr Piatek July 14th 08 07:28 PM

N_Cook wrote:

An E-line size or varicap type package of a diode marked 32 VV or 32
YV, 32 volt zener ?

Any chance to take a photo? My guess is it's an SAY32 which is a simple
silicon small-signal diode.

with a 2.5mm nut for scale
http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/32vv.jpg
the pins are flat not round

I confirm that it's an SAY32 diode (25V, 50mA).

Piotr

N_Cook July 14th 08 08:19 PM

N_Cook wrote:

An E-line size or varicap type package of a diode marked 32 VV or 32
YV, 32 volt zener ?

Any chance to take a photo? My guess is it's an SAY32 which is a

simple
silicon small-signal diode.

with a 2.5mm nut for scale
http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/32vv.jpg
the pins are flat not round

I confirm that it's an SAY32 diode (25V, 50mA).

Piotr

Probably those are 32V zener.
There are 2 more of that package on the preamp.
These labelled 15 X4 and next to the +/- pass transistors for the preamp +/-
rails so probably 15 Volt.
I will be able to power up tomorrow and see

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Piotr Piatek July 14th 08 09:26 PM

Bullet VM30 combo, GDR from 1990

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:19:17 +0100, "N_Cook"
wrote:

Probably those are 32V zener.

Doubtful, as 32V is not a standard E24 value.

There are 2 more of that package on the preamp.
These labelled 15 X4 and next to the +/- pass transistors for the preamp +/-
rails so probably 15 Volt.

Yes, it's possible that they are 15V Zener diodes of type SZX21/15,
because the databook doesn't list any other diode with a part number
15. I also remember that these diodes were marked only with the
voltage value, for example 9,1 for a 9.1V part.

Piotr

Joerg Wunsch July 14th 08 10:04 PM

"N_Cook" schrieb:

Any chance to take a photo? My guess is it's an SAY32 which is a
simple silicon small-signal diode.

with a 2.5mm nut for scale
http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/32vv.jpg
the pins are flat not round

Yes, it's an SAY32. The YV is -- again -- the datecode only. The SAY
is left off from the marking, because it's been obvious, so only the
32 was really labelled.

I uploaded the respective databook page to:

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/say30-32-40-42.png

Axel Schwenke July 15th 08 10:07 AM

N_Cook wrote:

Any chance to take a photo? My guess is it's an SAY32 which is a simple
silicon small-signal diode.

http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/32vv.jpg

It's a SAY32

Some more data sheets for components from GDR:
http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/etit/zentral/ddr/index.php

KD607:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf/1889080.pdf

XL

N_Cook July 15th 08 10:32 AM

"N_Cook" schrieb:

Any chance to take a photo? My guess is it's an SAY32 which is a
simple silicon small-signal diode.

with a 2.5mm nut for scale
http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/32vv.jpg
the pins are flat not round

Yes, it's an SAY32. The YV is -- again -- the datecode only. The SAY
is left off from the marking, because it's been obvious, so only the
32 was really labelled.

I uploaded the respective databook page to:

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/say30-32-40-42.png

--
cheers, J"org .-.-. --... ...-- -.. . DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/ NIC: JW11-RIPE

Certainly the right package.
I've now powered up and the 15 marked ones are the zeners for setting the
+/- preamp rails. There was a burnt section of the ground track between the
secondary ps side of the preamp and the signal side. Probably due to
operator "error" and have replaced with a fuse there.

The siting of the ones marked 32 maybe for overvoltage sensing , but not
normally in service.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Joerg Wunsch July 15th 08 10:53 PM

Bullet VM30 combo, GDR from 1990

"N_Cook" schrieb:

second attempt

(Why? Your first attempt worked pretty well.)

I've now powered up and the 15 marked ones are the zeners for
setting the +/- preamp rails.

Yes, the Zener diodes were just marked with the voltage in the first
row, and the production date in the second row. The prefix SZX 21/
was implied. Kinda hard to distinguish them from the plain diodes
marked 30/32/40/42, but as the maximal voltage for the Zeners was an
SZX 21/24, there was just no collision in the numbering.

N_Cook July 18th 08 03:27 PM

Bullet VM30 combo, GDR from 1990

Repaired now, but for the archives there is a safety issue with these amps.
The earth bond wire to the amp chassis is fine but the bond to the front
panel metal is very poor, just a brass rivet to the phenolic of the pcb, of
a few ohms drop over the years. Needs redoing to the metalwork properly.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England