DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Thorens TD 180 Stuck on 78 speed (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/254790-thorens-td-180-stuck-78-speed.html)

[email protected] July 5th 08 08:40 PM

Thorens TD 180 Stuck on 78 speed

I resently got my turntabl out of storage from a move and tested it
out all 3 speeds are stuck on 78 what needs fixing or is a new part
that is needed?

Sjouke Burry July 5th 08 08:56 PM

wrote:
I resently got my turntabl out of storage from a move and tested it
out all 3 speeds are stuck on 78 what needs fixing or is a new part
that is needed?

In my case it was a sliding copper bush, where the
lubrication had become stuck.
So my first try would be to open it up, clean and lubricate
the moving/running parts, then check out (limit)switches
for corrosion.
Also check rubber bands for aging.

Eeyore July 5th 08 09:11 PM

wrote:

I resently got my turntabl out of storage from a move and tested it
out all 3 speeds are stuck on 78 what needs fixing or is a new part
that is needed?

Don't know that model, but such speed selections are often by means of
stepped pulleys.

Inspect and look for something stuck (e.g. by hardened grease).

Graham

hr(bob) [email protected] July 6th 08 02:13 AM

Thorens TD 180 Stuck on 78 speed

On Jul 5, 3:11*pm, Eeyore
I resently got my turntabl out of storage from a move and tested it
out all 3 speeds are stuck on 78 what needs fixing or is a new part
that is needed?

Don't know that model, but such speed selections are often by means of
stepped pulleys.

Inspect and look for something stuck (e.g. by hardened grease).

Graham

You will have to remove the turntable to get at the stepped pulley.
That means taking the mounting plate off of the base, in most cases.

Bob Hofmann

Les Matthew July 7th 08 05:02 PM

Thorens TD 180 Stuck on 78 speed

hr(bob) wrote:
On Jul 5, 3:11 pm, Eeyore
I resently got my turntabl out of storage from a move and tested it
out all 3 speeds are stuck on 78 what needs fixing or is a new part
that is needed?

Don't know that model, but such speed selections are often by means of
stepped pulleys.

Inspect and look for something stuck (e.g. by hardened grease).

Graham

You will have to remove the turntable to get at the stepped pulley.
That means taking the mounting plate off of the base, in most cases.

Bob Hofmann

If it's anything like my TD 160 all you have to do is lift the platter
off to get at it.

les...

Dave Plowman (News) July 7th 08 05:27 PM

Thorens TD 180 Stuck on 78 speed

In article ,
Les Matthew wrote:
hr(bob) wrote:
On Jul 5, 3:11 pm, Eeyore
I resently got my turntabl out of storage from a move and tested it
out all 3 speeds are stuck on 78 what needs fixing or is a new part
that is needed?
Don't know that model, but such speed selections are often by means of
stepped pulleys.

Inspect and look for something stuck (e.g. by hardened grease).

Graham

You will have to remove the turntable to get at the stepped pulley.
That means taking the mounting plate off of the base, in most cases.

Bob Hofmann

If it's anything like my TD 160 all you have to do is lift the platter
off to get at it.

The TD 160 slips its drive belt from one pulley to another. I'm not sure
the 180 works that way.

les...

--
*If you lived in your car, you'd be home by now *

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.