DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   CIE? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/254353-cie.html)

Zagan June 29th 08 10:16 PM

CIE?

Hello everyone,

Has anyone on this forum taken a course from the "Cleveland Institute of
Electronics" (CIE), and if so, what is your opinion of the school? Is it
worth the money?

If you don't won't to reply on this newsgroup, please email me at jcd (at)
atlantic.net.

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated!

// Jim
http://members.atlantic.net/~jcd/

Bill[_17_] June 29th 08 10:45 PM

CIE?

Zagan wrote:
Hello everyone,

Has anyone on this forum taken a course from the "Cleveland Institute of
Electronics" (CIE), and if so, what is your opinion of the school? Is it
worth the money?

If you don't won't to reply on this newsgroup, please email me at jcd (at)
atlantic.net.

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated!

// Jim
http://members.atlantic.net/~jcd/

I did, back in 1970, and it was a joke, and when I tried to say no they
tried to bill me for the full amount. In 1970 they were referring to
transistors as 'experimental new devices', so that should be a tip off,
to a rip off. Better to try to get an online course from a local, and
real, college.
Been there, done that.
Bill Baka
My email is open to anyone whom wants to talk off the group.

[email protected] June 29th 08 11:20 PM

CIE?

On Jun 29, 4:16*pm, "Zagan" wrote:
Hello everyone,

Has anyone on this forum taken a course from the "Cleveland Institute of
Electronics" (CIE), and if so, what is your opinion of the school? Is it
worth the money?

If you don't won't to reply on this newsgroup, please email me at jcd (at)
atlantic.net.

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated!

// Jimhttp://members.atlantic.net/~jcd/

Yes, I did. For those who enjoy programmed instruction, it is very
good material. I would recommend it. The problem I had was
credentials. I wound up testing out of most of the 2 year program at
Hennepin Tech just to get a 'ticket' to get a job. I still use the
material today for reference. I went on to get a bs in chem years
later. Still glad I spent time with the CIE material. Self study is
not for everyone.