Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default WTD: BA5983FP Motor Drive IC

As a result of some self administered foolishness, I now have a very
nice Toshiba CD drive with a blown BA5983FP motor drive IC. I know
it's probably stupid to even want to try, but I'd rather fix this than
throw it out (waste not, want not.)

Of the places I've checked, only MCM carries this IC, and they are out
of stock. NTE does not show a cross.

Anyone got one, or know of anyone who stocks them?

thanks,

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default BA5983FP Motor Drive IC

"Jim Adney" wrote in message
news
As a result of some self administered foolishness, I now have a very
nice Toshiba CD drive with a blown BA5983FP motor drive IC. I know
it's probably stupid to even want to try, but I'd rather fix this than
throw it out (waste not, want not.)

Of the places I've checked, only MCM carries this IC, and they are out
of stock. NTE does not show a cross.

Anyone got one, or know of anyone who stocks them?

thanks,

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA

B & D Enterprises lists it at $3.50 US. I deal with them all the time -
they're the best US supplier of original semi's I know of.

800-458-6053

Sony also lists it as part # 8-759-567-26

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 05:15:30 -0500 "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

"Jim Adney" wrote in message
news

As a result of some self administered foolishness, I now have a very
nice Toshiba CD drive with a blown BA5983FP motor drive IC. I know
it's probably stupid to even want to try, but I'd rather fix this than
throw it out (waste not, want not.)

Of the places I've checked, only MCM carries this IC, and they are out
of stock. NTE does not show a cross.

Anyone got one, or know of anyone who stocks them?

B & D Enterprises lists it at $3.50 US. I deal with them all the time -
they're the best US supplier of original semi's I know of.

800-458-6053

Sony also lists it as part # 8-759-567-26

Thanks, and that's a LOT better price than MCM's $16.50. Now I just
have to think of some other things I can use from B & D (odd choice of
name...) to get up to their $15 minimum.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jim Adney" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 05:15:30 -0500 "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

"Jim Adney" wrote in message
news

[...]

They have an excellent selection of high quality electrolytic capacitors...

mz