DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dish Network receiver DP508 no UHF remote (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/253754-dish-network-receiver-dp508-no-uhf-remote.html)

DV June 23rd 08 04:16 AM

Dish Network receiver DP508 no UHF remote

This receiver supports a Dish remote control that transmits IR(line of
sight) and UHF(through the walls).

It's definitely a fault in the receiver with UHF reception. IR works fine
and I've tried different remotes. It won't even work with the remote inches
from the antenna. Anyone know a fix for the receiver other than shipping it
out or replacing it?

Deke June 24th 08 01:26 AM

Dish Network receiver DP508 no UHF remote

"DV" wrote in message
m...
This receiver supports a Dish remote control that transmits IR(line of
sight) and UHF(through the walls).

It's definitely a fault in the receiver with UHF reception. IR works fine
and I've tried different remotes. It won't even work with the remote

inches
from the antenna. Anyone know a fix for the receiver other than shipping

it
out or replacing it?

address codes? reboot reciever? Take batteries out of
remote overnight and start from scratch?

Andy June 25th 08 11:34 AM

DV wrote:
This receiver supports a Dish remote control that transmits IR(line of
sight) and UHF(through the walls).

It's definitely a fault in the receiver with UHF reception. IR works fine
and I've tried different remotes. It won't even work with the remote inches
from the antenna. Anyone know a fix for the receiver other than shipping it
out or replacing it?

Andy writes:

If it worked with that receiver in the past, but stopped, then you
have a
problem.

If it never worked with that receiver, it probly has the "code" set
to the
wrong number. Look in your DISH receiver book and it will tell you
how
to locate the code the DISH receiver is set to, and how to program the
remote to that code. In this manner, several UHF remotes can be used
in the same house with several mating DISH receivers without
interaction.

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Deke June 27th 08 02:16 PM

Andy writes:

If it worked with that receiver in the past, but stopped, then you
have a
problem.

Or somebody fooling with the remote reset the address code to something
else, by accident. Happened to me when a pair of pre-teens came to visit.

DV July 6th 08 12:46 PM

Dish Network receiver DP508 no UHF remote

As I said in the original post, different remotes, same problem. It was
intermittent at first.
I know it's a problem with the receiver, I'm looking for a fix from someone
who knows these receivers.