DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Board level TV repair (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/252607-re-board-level-tv-repair.html)

Tony Hwang June 8th 08 11:37 PM

Board level TV repair

Jonathan Grobe wrote:

On 2008-06-08, Bishoop wrote:

I have an Advent TV that has the RF input connector broken off. I removed
the back to see what I could do to make repairs.

The RF connector is an integral part some "module" that is soldered to a PC
board.

Anyone have any ideas on where to find board level components so I can make
the repair myself. I'm just not willing to put out 100 bux for the whole
circuit board.

I think you would get a better response in a group like
sci.electronics.repair

Hi,
If I were you. I'd solder a piece of coax onto the board, epoxy the
joints, then sedure the coax with tie clamp, then attach a female coax
connector on to it. It's common problem, PCB mounted coax connector
breaking off. You may need to repair the dmamaged circuit trace on the
board first.
Good luck,
Tony, VE6CGX

Bishoop[_2_] June 9th 08 02:19 AM

Board level TV repair

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

On 2008-06-08, Bishoop wrote:

[...]

My repair is pretty much what you suggested. Powered it up and all is well.