Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Mitsubishi WS 55311 hd tv repair

I havea mitsu 55 inch hd tv for about 6 moths I have been getting
green bars on the l and r side of the screen . I would shut the tv off
and then turn it back on and it was ok. Then about 2 months ago the
problem went away. Now , a week ago the problem came back and will not
go away no matter what. I a little afraid of calling a repair man only
to find out it would cost big money to fix. The tv is in mint cond and
and I woulds like to keep it . What do you guy suggest and how much
would you put in a 6 year old tv . New big screen are under 2k.
Any help would be appreciated , Hobbs
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 8, 1:48*pm, hobs wrote:
I havea mitsu 55 inch hd tv for about 6 moths I have been getting
green bars on the l and r side of the screen . I would shut the tv off
and then turn it back on and it was ok. Then about 2 months ago the
problem went away. Now , a week ago the problem came back and will not
go away no matter what. I a little afraid of calling a repair man only
to find out it would cost big money to fix. The tv is in mint cond and
and I woulds like to keep it . What do you guy suggest and how much
would you put in a 6 year old tv . New big screen are under 2k.
Any help would be appreciated , Hobbs

Didn't the set come witha warranty/guarantee?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Its 6 years old Sir.I purchased it in 11/ 2002. Any Ideas what it
could be?
Thanks Hobbs
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

It can be anything from a cold solder connection, a bad ribbon cable, or
a circuit board that would have to be changed. All these types of faults
are time consuming to work out. Because there is no component level
support for these TV sets, at the factory service level, if a board is
identified to be defective the complete board must be changed.

As for the cost, labour is not cheap, and the parts will be expensive if
required. I can tell you this up front before you bring the set in for
an estimate.

From what I see, the average cost servicing a Plasma or LCD large
screen TV can run in the area of about $150 to $250 for something very
simple. Then the service cost can go much higher. In theory there is no
ceiling on the possible cost of servicing one of these sets. At a
certain point it pays to simply buy a new set.

--

JANA
_____

"hobs" wrote in message
I havea mitsu 55 inch hd tv for about 6 moths I have been getting
green bars on the l and r side of the screen . I would shut the tv off
and then turn it back on and it was ok. Then about 2 months ago the
problem went away. Now , a week ago the problem came back and will not
go away no matter what. I a little afraid of calling a repair man only
to find out it would cost big money to fix. The tv is in mint cond and
and I woulds like to keep it . What do you guy suggest and how much
would you put in a 6 year old tv . New big screen are under 2k.
Any help would be appreciated , Hobbs

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jana, Since the TV is not working would you take any boards out and
repair. Or are most of the components SMT. In what area would you look
for this problem.
Thanks Hobbs