DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   JUD WILLIAMS TRANSISTOR CURVE TRACER MODEL A-tested/working-$25 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/252578-jud-williams-transistor-curve-tracer-model-tested-working-%2425.html)

Dwight D. Eisenhower June 8th 08 01:31 PM

JUD WILLIAMS TRANSISTOR CURVE TRACER MODEL A-tested/working-$25

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=004

Dave M June 25th 08 02:10 PM

JUD WILLIAMS TRANSISTOR CURVE TRACER MODEL A-tested/working-$25

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 05:31:13 -0700 (PDT), "Dwight D. Eisenhower"
wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=004

Hey, I have one of these guys in my junque box.. Anybody have a schematic or
documentation of any kind for it? Seems like it worked the last time I used it,
but never had any documentation on it. It's really a pretty nice curve
tracer... might put it back on the bench when I get a small, cheap scope to hook
it to (permanently).

==============

Dave M

Charles June 26th 08 12:42 AM

wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=004

Hey, I have one of these guys in my junque box.. Anybody have a
schematic or
documentation of any kind for it? Seems like it worked the last time I
used it,
but never had any documentation on it. It's really a pretty nice curve
tracer... might put it back on the bench when I get a small, cheap scope
to hook
it to (permanently).

The schematic was originally in the GE transistor handbook. 40 + years ago.

DaveM June 26th 08 01:58 AM

JUD WILLIAMS TRANSISTOR CURVE TRACER MODEL A-tested/working-$25

"Charles" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=004

Hey, I have one of these guys in my junque box.. Anybody have a schematic
or
documentation of any kind for it? Seems like it worked the last time I used
it,
but never had any documentation on it. It's really a pretty nice curve
tracer... might put it back on the bench when I get a small, cheap scope to
hook
it to (permanently).

The schematic was originally in the GE transistor handbook. 40 + years ago.

Which edition of the GE transistor handbook was that schematic in? I have a
copy of the 7th edition (ca. 1964), but there's nothing even remotely resembling
a curve tracer in that manual.

Thanks!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Experience: What you get when you don't get what you want

Charles June 26th 08 09:54 PM

JUD WILLIAMS TRANSISTOR CURVE TRACER MODEL A-tested/working-$25

"DaveM" wrote in message
. ..
"Charles" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=004

Hey, I have one of these guys in my junque box.. Anybody have a
schematic or
documentation of any kind for it? Seems like it worked the last time I
used it,
but never had any documentation on it. It's really a pretty nice curve
tracer... might put it back on the bench when I get a small, cheap scope
to hook
it to (permanently).

The schematic was originally in the GE transistor handbook. 40 + years
ago.

Which edition of the GE transistor handbook was that schematic in? I have
a copy of the 7th edition (ca. 1964), but there's nothing even remotely
resembling a curve tracer in that manual.

Jud Williams paid me a visit and was nice enough to leave a curve tracer as
a gift! Many moons ago. He said that he did not "design" his curve tracer
from scratch but did use a schematic from the GE handbook. That's all I
remember. Sorry.