Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Hickok tube testers

I am in the market for a quality tube tester. Can someone give me the
rundown on the Hickoks? 600, 600A, 605, 6000? What are the ins and
outs of these?

TIA

John
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

John Bachman wrote:
I am in the market for a quality tube tester. Can someone give me the
rundown on the Hickoks? 600, 600A, 605, 6000? What are the ins and
outs of these?

TIA

John

Hi John,

Any tube tester that is a Mutual Conductance style will be just fine for
you. There are a number available on eBay, currently that are just as
good as a Hickock. I have a Jackson MC style that we've been using to
test our jukebox and old TV tubes in our shop for twenty years now...and
it works very well.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 20 May 2008 03:58:04 GMT, John Robertson
wrote:

John Bachman wrote:
I am in the market for a quality tube tester. Can someone give me the
rundown on the Hickoks? 600, 600A, 605, 6000? What are the ins and
outs of these?

TIA

John

Hi John,

Any tube tester that is a Mutual Conductance style will be just fine for
you. There are a number available on eBay, currently that are just as
good as a Hickock. I have a Jackson MC style that we've been using to
test our jukebox and old TV tubes in our shop for twenty years now...and
it works very well.

John :-#)#

Hi John,

Thanks. I meant to post this over on rec.antiques.radio+phono as I
will use it for antique radio tubes. That is why I am interested in
an old tester, for setting data and sockets.

John
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

John Bachman wrote:
[...]

Most Mutual Conductance tube testers will have a "Seldom Used Tubes"
list. This goes back to 201As, 80s, 47s, etc, and a few other earlier
tubes...I have a chart for my unit - should scan the sucker and post it
somewhere...TTL?

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com