Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Schematic for Ramsey CT-125 Frequency Counter

Anyone ever seen this? It's a cute little frequency counter that
is supposed to go to 1.3 GHz, but only the 10 MHz and 60 MHz ranges
work. The 1.3 GHz range is either non-responsive or erratic.

There's a house numbered chip, which may be the prescaler: 2-8758-229
with 274-227 below that.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Sam Goldwasser wrote:
Anyone ever seen this? It's a cute little frequency counter that
is supposed to go to 1.3 GHz, but only the 10 MHz and 60 MHz ranges
work. The 1.3 GHz range is either non-responsive or erratic.

There's a house numbered chip, which may be the prescaler: 2-8758-229
with 274-227 below that.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks!

I assume you've tried Ramsey?

Is this the same company that makes all the kits?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

James Sweet writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:
Anyone ever seen this? It's a cute little frequency counter that
is supposed to go to 1.3 GHz, but only the 10 MHz and 60 MHz ranges
work. The 1.3 GHz range is either non-responsive or erratic.
There's a house numbered chip, which may be the prescaler: 2-8758-229
with 274-227 below that.
Any info appreciated.

I assume you've tried Ramsey?

Is this the same company that makes all the kits?

I think so, but there is nothing about this model on their Web site.
I assume it's many years old, forgot to check the date codes.

I'll have to dig deeper, perhaps risk contacting them? What a concept?!

I really got it because it's small and I only need the 10 MHz range. But
this is a matter of principle!

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

James Sweet wrote in

Sam Goldwasser wrote:
Anyone ever seen this? It's a cute little frequency counter that
is supposed to go to 1.3 GHz, but only the 10 MHz and 60 MHz ranges
work. The 1.3 GHz range is either non-responsive or erratic.

There's a house numbered chip, which may be the prescaler: 2-8758-229
with 274-227 below that.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks!

I assume you've tried Ramsey?

Is this the same company that makes all the kits?

I took high school electronics shop with a John Ramsey,Kenmore,NY.
He was making FM wireless mikes at the time.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I have the CT-90, which only goes to 600 Mhz. Uses a different
pre-scaler (11C90.) The schematic probably wouldn't do you much good.
Couldn't find anything about the series on the Ramsey site. You could
always contact them to see if they have something in the archives.
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/

Dick

On 15 May 2008 18:02:58 -0400, Sam Goldwasser
wrote:

Anyone ever seen this? It's a cute little frequency counter that
is supposed to go to 1.3 GHz, but only the 10 MHz and 60 MHz ranges
work. The 1.3 GHz range is either non-responsive or erratic.

There's a house numbered chip, which may be the prescaler: 2-8758-229
with 274-227 below that.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dick writes:

I have the CT-90, which only goes to 600 Mhz. Uses a different
pre-scaler (11C90.) The schematic probably wouldn't do you much good.
Couldn't find anything about the series on the Ramsey site. You could
always contact them to see if they have something in the archives.
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/

I have sent them email. No reply so far.

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Sam Goldwasser wrote:
Dick writes:

I have the CT-90, which only goes to 600 Mhz. Uses a different
pre-scaler (11C90.) The schematic probably wouldn't do you much good.
Couldn't find anything about the series on the Ramsey site. You could
always contact them to see if they have something in the archives.
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/

I have sent them email. No reply so far.

Thanks.

Could always give them a call, much harder to ignore, pain in the butt
though, I hate calling places
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

James Sweet writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:
Dick writes:

I have the CT-90, which only goes to 600 Mhz. Uses a different
pre-scaler (11C90.) The schematic probably wouldn't do you much good.
Couldn't find anything about the series on the Ramsey site. You could
always contact them to see if they have something in the archives.
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/

I have sent them email. No reply so far.
Thanks.

Could always give them a call, much harder to ignore, pain in the butt
though, I hate calling places

Once you get used to email....