DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Supposing (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/249465-supposing.html)

[email protected] May 10th 08 02:09 AM

Supposing

I plug in my land line phone and I phone somebody.How can I record our
phone conversation and play it back so I can listen to what my voice
sounds like on the phone? Of course I know I would need to first ask the
person I phone to agree with our recorded phone onversation, I am pretty
sure the person would agree.
cuhulin

Arfa Daily May 10th 08 12:11 PM

Supposing

wrote in message
I plug in my land line phone and I phone somebody.How can I record our
phone conversation and play it back so I can listen to what my voice
sounds like on the phone? Of course I know I would need to first ask the
person I phone to agree with our recorded phone onversation, I am pretty
sure the person would agree.
cuhulin

Use a telephone pickup coil. Lots of places used to do them over here. I'm
sure Rat Shack or whoever probably do them over there. It's just a coil with
a lot of turns on it, and a little rubber sucker. You just experiment and
find the best place on the phone body or handset for it. Probably not as
good these days as when phones had dirty great hybrid transformers and such
in them, but I think there is still enough radiation and enough wound
components in there for it to at least work. Some answer machines - some of
the better Panasonic ones from a few years ago, for instance - also had a
conversation recording facility.

Arfa

William Sommerwerck May 10th 08 12:35 PM

Supposing

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
wrote in message

I plug in my land line phone and I phone somebody.How can
I record our phone conversation and play it back so I can listen
to what my voice sounds like on the phone?

Use a telephone pickup coil. Lots of places used to do them over here.

RadioShack also has an adapter that that goes between the handset and the
telephone. A second cable plugs into the recorder's mic input. It's
more-expensive than a coil, but a lot more convenient. The only reauirement
is that the handset have a modular cord (one with connectors that unplug).