DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HP Thinkjet Printer (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/237698-hp-thinkjet-printer.html)

Michael Kennedy March 13th 08 08:36 PM

HP Thinkjet Printer

I've got an old HP Thinkjet printer which I got out to use as a portable
printer. It has one problem though. It prints some blank lnes in the text /
graphics. Kind of like a dot matrix printer with a worn out head. I replaced
the ink cartridge so I assume that is not the problem. Any thoughts?

Mike

PeterD March 13th 08 09:40 PM

HP Thinkjet Printer

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:36:16 -0400, "Michael Kennedy"
wrote:

I've got an old HP Thinkjet printer which I got out to use as a portable
printer. It has one problem though. It prints some blank lnes in the text /
graphics. Kind of like a dot matrix printer with a worn out head. I replaced
the ink cartridge so I assume that is not the problem. Any thoughts?

Mike

Print head? Try running a cleaning cycle.

Michael Kennedy March 13th 08 10:23 PM

HP Thinkjet Printer

/
graphics. Kind of like a dot matrix printer with a worn out head. I
replaced
the ink cartridge so I assume that is not the problem. Any thoughts?

Mike

Print head? Try running a cleaning cycle.

Thanks, but the print head is brand new and the last one did the same thing.
Its one unit and part of the cartrdge. I think it is realated to bad
contacts, but I'm unsure of a good way to test them.. Could be a break in
the flexiprint somewhere.

Mike

bz March 13th 08 11:53 PM

HP Thinkjet Printer

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in
:

wrote:

I've got an old HP Thinkjet printer which I got out to use as a
portable printer. It has one problem though. It prints some blank lnes
in the text /
graphics. Kind of like a dot matrix printer with a worn out head. I
replaced
the ink cartridge so I assume that is not the problem. Any thoughts?

Mike

Print head? Try running a cleaning cycle.

Thanks, but the print head is brand new and the last one did the same
thing. Its one unit and part of the cartrdge. I think it is realated to
bad contacts, but I'm unsure of a good way to test them.. Could be a
break in the flexiprint somewhere.

The paper advance mechanism is making extra advancement motion.

I had a printer with a split nylon gear.
I used some 'Friendly Plastic' aka 'Shape Lock' to patch the gear but my
patched together gear has a slight gap in it.
The prints have small skipped bands in them.

But that is much better than tossing out the printer. :)

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap

William Sommerwerck March 14th 08 01:19 AM

HP Thinkjet Printer

Thanks, but the print head is brand new and the last one
did the same thing. It's one unit and part of the cartrdge.
I think it is realated to bad contacts, but I'm unsure of a
good way to test them. Could be a break in the flexiprint
somewhere.

One does not test the contacts. One cleans them.

---- The Lady from Philadelphia