Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Question......I am no expert but.....

can I replace a 4.7 uf 250 volt cap with a 4.7 uf 350 volt capacitor
without doing damage or does it have to be the same voltage?forgive my
ignorance but i am just getting into this...thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

thank you for the info and your help

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 10:22:22 -0600, jakdedert

can I replace a 4.7 uf 250 volt cap with a 4.7 uf 350 volt capacitor
without doing damage or does it have to be the same voltage?forgive my
ignorance but i am just getting into this...thanks

Yeah, no problem. It 'used to be', but apparently modern electrolytics
don't have to be 'formed' at near their working voltage anymore.

jak

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
can I replace a 4.7 uf 250 volt cap with a 4.7 uf 350 volt capacitor
without doing damage or does it have to be the same voltage?forgive my
ignorance but i am just getting into this...thanks

If it's a polarized electrolytic do be sure to observe the polarity...

Mark Z.