Posted to sci.electronics.repair
R! R! is offline

Default Belts Radio Shack SCT-540

I need a source for drive belts for a Optimus / Radio shack Tape deck.

Cat # 140-0678

Model SCT-540

Reference #

44 12180378 Belt AF B90032
43 12180386 Use B6021 B90033
10551505 Belt Motor Drive B6021
42 12180394 Belt AFR B90034
41 12180402 Belt BFR B90035

Radio shack has been less than helpful...

A source that sales small qunatities at a reasionble price
would be appreciated.

R!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I need a source for drive belts for a Optimus / Radio shack Tape deck.

Cat # 140-0678

Model SCT-540

Reference #

44 12180378 Belt AF B90032
43 12180386 Use B6021 B90033
10551505 Belt Motor Drive B6021
42 12180394 Belt AFR B90034
41 12180402 Belt BFR B90035

Your best bet may be to measure the existing belts (inside
circumference, width or cross section, and wall thickness), subtract
around 5% from the circumference to compensate for stretching of the
old belt, and then purchase the closest-matching generic belt.

PRB seems to be the brand of choice for replacement belts. They carry
flat (ribbon-type), round, and square cross-section belts in quite a
variety of sizes.

http://www.russellind.com/client/download/belts.pdf seems to have a
pretty good overview of their offerings.

Lots of online sources - Vintage Electronics carries some, or see
http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/belts.htm

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dave Platt" wrote in message
[...]

His best best would be to stop living in the 1980s and stop using cassettes.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 07:52:46 -0800, "Curtis Pryce"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

His best best would be to stop living in the 1980s and stop using cassettes.

I recently converted some old cassettes to CD. To do this, I had to
rejuvenate an old tape deck. Maybe the OP is doing likewise?

- Franc Zabkar