Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How is Visio Service?

I want to buy a Visio TV , 32" LCD.
I am curious to know if anyone knows how their service is.
Do they send technicians to fix? do i need to ship the TV to them? Is
the quality OK?

Thanks

galsaba
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If you believe Consumer Reports, flat-panel TVs, LCD or plasma, regardless
of brank, are surprisingly reliable.

I'd recommend purchasing your Visio from Costco, as they (I believe) offer
an extended warranty.

I know I didn't answer your question. But it appears that the odds of having
a defective, irrepairable set are small.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"galsaba" wrote in message
I want to buy a Visio TV , 32" LCD.
I am curious to know if anyone knows how their service is.
Do they send technicians to fix? do i need to ship the TV to them? Is
the quality OK?

Thanks

galsaba

It's Vizeo. They're a low end brand, but I haven't come across a dead one
yet, LCDs tend to hold up pretty well. As for service, this sort of thing is
rarely even serviced, when it is, it's just board swapping.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"galsaba" wrote in message
I want to buy a Visio TV , 32" LCD.
I am curious to know if anyone knows how their service is.
Do they send technicians to fix? do i need to ship the TV to them? Is
the quality OK?

Thanks

galsaba

I have the same size Vizio and have had it nearly a year. I thought the
sound was a bit raspy in some situations.
I called Vizio (it was about 4 months old at the time). The guy I talked too
asked some intelligent questions and decided to replace the speakers AND the
sound board. They arranged for a local service man to do the job. He was not
from a TV repair shop and I gathered that he did more commercial projects
than residential.

Vizio had FedExed the part. After the repair was done it still sounded the
same with the new parts. My guess is that it is frequency response issue and
I wish I could see how a good sharp wave form is reproduced. I venture that
it would have some overshoot on fast risetimes. Then again I could be wrong.

At any rate, the picture is OK. Since it is a stand alone and I cannot
compare it to other brands, I'm happy with it. It can't be beat for the
price.

The owner's manual is the best I have ever seen in consumer electronics.

Charlie

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

No, it's Vizio. http://www.vizio.com/

--
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"UCLAN" wrote in message
James Sweet wrote:

"galsaba" wrote in message

I want to buy a Visio TV , 32" LCD.
I am curious to know if anyone knows how their service is.
Do they send technicians to fix? do i need to ship the TV to them? Is
the quality OK?

Thanks

galsaba

It's Vizeo.

No, it's Vizio. http://www.vizio.com/

Oops, shoot, I've got one right in front of me too, always embarrassing to
make a typo correcting a typo, oh well.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Vizio, the stores around here have them, and I see them in the Wal Mart
stores when I push my cart around in the electronics department.
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 27, 10:14 am, galsaba wrote:
I want to buy a Visio TV , 32" LCD.
I am curious to know if anyone knows how their service is.
Do they send technicians to fix? do i need to ship the TV to them? Is
the quality OK?

Thanks

galsaba

We fix (and sell) lots of flat panels, and Vizio, Syntax (Olevia) and
Philips are the worst for repairs that we see. Parts are expensive
and difficult to get. Put a gun to my head, and I'd take the Vizio
over the Olevia, but the Sony Bravia, Panasonics, Hitachis, and
Toshibas have been the most reliable (and the cost reflects this).

Edwin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"galsaba" wrote in message
I want to buy a Visio TV , 32" LCD.
I am curious to know if anyone knows how their service is.
Do they send technicians to fix? do i need to ship the TV to them? Is
the quality OK?

Thanks

galsaba

Buy something else thats a name brand.
Interesting read.....
http://hdguru.com/your-new-disposabl...#comment-14134

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://hdguru.com/your-new-disposabl...#comment-14134

What the article neglects to mention is that -- if you believe Consumer
Reports -- flat-panel TVs are unusually reliable, to the extent that CR
doesn't publish a reliability chart.

If you're the sort of person who, like myself, prefers to buy something good
and keep it, an inexpensive set might not be a good deal. On the other hand,
the odds of it failing within the first few years seem to be very small.

You have to make the decision as to whether you want to save a lot of money
versus the possibility of having a pile o' irreparable junk.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In January 2007, I bought a new Toshiba 27'' CRT flat screen tv set.A
few days later the tv set developed a little blob spot on the bottom
left hand corner of the screen.I phoned the Cowboy Maloney's Electric
City store where I had bought the tv set, they said bring it back to the
store.They didn't have another tv set like that one in stock and I
didn't want to come back home empty handed.I looked at the tv sets they
had on display in the store.I bought a new Sony 27'' CRT Trinitron Wega
tv set and I am glad I did.My Sony 27'' CRT tv set pulls in the best
picture of any tv set I have ever seen before, tv set is still working
perfectly.

I paid about $34.00 more/difference in price for my Sony tv set.I still
prefer big heavy CRT tv sets and computer monitors.My computer monitor
is a 22'' CRT NEC Multisync monitor.Maybe I am old fashioned, but I just
don't care for thin screen solid state screens.
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message

I still
prefer big heavy CRT tv sets and computer monitors.My computer monitor
is a 22'' CRT NEC Multisync monitor.Maybe I am old fashioned, but I just
don't care for thin screen solid state screens.

Curious.... how come?

This has been gone over many, many times. To some of us, including myself, a
high quality and properly adjusted CRT just looks better. LCD screens have a
speckle effect to my eyes and do not appear smooth and natural like a CRT.
On top of that, if you wish to display a non-native resolution, it will be
scaled and display aliasing and other artifacts, there is no way around this
as an LCD panel has a fixed grid of pixels so any image with a different
resolution or aspect ratio must be cropped or scaled to display it. The
color, tint, and brightness vary considerably with viewing angle. Some
people can't seem to see these effects, I tried to point it out to a friend
and he couldn't see what I was talking about but I can. I hope that some new
display technology comes along before CRTs vanish entirely because they're
clearly becoming a thing of the past.

Before anyone chimes in with "you must be using a cheap consumer LCD", I've
used many LCDs, including some high end professional grade stuff, some look
a lot better than others, but I've yet to see one that can stand up to a
really good CRT in terms of image quality.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"MrManuals" wrote

I sell more Vizio TV manuals on my site at http://www.justmanuals.com
than all other brands of TV's combined.

That oughta tell you something.

Hmm ... no returns ... all sales final ... no sample pages from any of the
manuals ... No thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:14:54 -0800, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

Hi Joerg,

"Joerg" wrote in message
t...
But don't you guys use OrCad? I used to, but not anymore.

Yeah, for production stuff we do. I definitely don't *like* that fact,
but
we're in the (not so uncommon) situation that we have a number of ORCAD
licenses that were purchased years ago so switching requires...

1) Outlay of "new purchase price" for the alternative rather than just
shelling out maintenance every year
2) Conversion of current library parts over to new system
3) Re-training of engineers & techs to use the new system

ORCAD is spendy enough that #1 isn't too big of a problem, and our
libraries
still only have hundreds (not thousands) of symbols in them so changeover
there isn't too bad (I wouldn't imagine it'd be more than a month's
effort),
but #3 is difficult to get by some people since they're so used to ORCAD,
they
don't really see its shortcomings, and they're not personally footing the
bill
for it. (I think there's often a "bell curve of happiness" associated
with
mediocre software... new users have problems with everything, regular but
undemanding users are happy because they don't stress the tool much so it
works OK, whereas advanced/demanding users are unhappy again because they
realize that there are so many better options out there).

Sometime this year I'm planning on making a proper (formal) presentation
comparing ORCAD with, e.g., Pulsonix. We'll see what happens...

Heck, is Autotrax still around? That used to be pretty good and I bet it
won't be expensive anymore.

Autotrax or AutoTRAX? Wikipedia discusses two of them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AutoTRAX_EDA

---Joel

P.S. -- Vaguely related story about software quality: I have a friend who
works for a Big Software Company. In general he says that their most
sophisticated users and bug reports come from Europe. They had one guy in
the
U.K. who was constantly filling bug reports with them -- it was almost
uncanny
how "good" he was at discovering them. At some point it dawned on them
that... hey... this would be a very useful guy to hire! They offered, he
accepted, and now he's working here in Oregon. It turns out this fellow
has
been using the software package in question for longer than anyone who's
currently on staff at the company (!), and he has an excellent memory,
being
able to provide in-depth comparisons and contrasts of the package and
what's
been changed and fixed/broken in it for the past decade. Amazing...

Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.

I literally buried the PSpice support people in accurate bug
reports/"issues".

They thanked me profusely and did nothing.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

America: Land of the Freedom abuser, Because of the *******s

Are you aware NI(national instrument) software went on sales lately? That's
an
indication that you dumass going down... Heehee......Halleluiah. Shame on
you arrogant people.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components

On Feb 29, 1:06 am, "MooseFET" wrote:
"Jim Thompson" wrote in
messagenews:bcres3ps8e5p310h1vbscrlr5f3hhlfeh3@4ax .com...

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:14:54 -0800, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

Hi Joerg,

"Joerg" wrote in message
[...]

Yup 13 years old.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components

"MooseFET" wrote in message
On Feb 29, 1:06 am, "MooseFET" wrote:
"Jim Thompson" wrote in
messagenews:bcres3ps8e5p310h1vbscrlr5f3hhlfeh3@4ax .com...

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:14:54 -0800, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

Hi Joerg,

"Joerg" wrote in message
[...]

Shut up pop, why are you not able to fill in the missing word? Because
you're so dumb and stubborn. You want people to conform to your style.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 28, 9:18 pm, "N. Morrow" wrote:
"MrManuals" wrote

I sell more Vizio TVmanualson my site athttp://www.justmanuals.com
than all other brands of TV's combined.

That oughta tell you something.

Hmm ... no returns ... all sales final ... no sample pages from any of themanuals... No thanks.

You want sample pages? Send me an email, I'll send you a few pages.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components

On Feb 29, 8:51 am, "MooseFET" wrote:
"MooseFET" wrote in message

On Feb 29, 1:06 am, "MooseFET" wrote:
"Jim Thompson" wrote in
messagenews:bcres3ps8e5p310h1vbscrlr5f3hhlfeh3@4ax .com...

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:14:54 -0800, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

Hi Joerg,

"Joerg" wrote in message
[...]

Hummmm perhaps 12.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I went to the Wal Mart store this afternoon.(food department, mostly) I
have noticed before, those thin Polaroid tv sets seem to have a really
good picture, on screen.
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components

"MooseFET" wrote in message

On Feb 29, 1:06 am, "MooseFET" wrote:
"Jim Thompson" wrote
in
messagenews:bcres3ps8e5p310h1vbscrlr5f3hhlfeh3@4ax .com...

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:14:54 -0800, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

Hi Joerg,

"Joerg" wrote in message
[...]

Dummy poppy imposter, loser! you're not at the bottom yet!! 3 more fearful
years for you to go through. Heehee.......

Halleluiah. Outch!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"galsaba" wrote in message
I want to buy a Visio TV , 32" LCD.
I am curious to know if anyone knows how their service is.
Do they send technicians to fix? do i need to ship the TV to them? Is
the quality OK?

Thanks

galsaba

They have San Diego Charger LaDanian Tomlinson as a spokesman in some of
their commercials. That's enough reason for me to avoid Vizio.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components

MooseFET wrote:
"MooseFET" wrote in message
On Feb 29, 1:06 am, "MooseFET" wrote:
"Jim Thompson" wrote in
messagenews:bcres3ps8e5p310h1vbscrlr5f3hhlfeh3@4ax .com...

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:14:54 -0800, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:
Hi Joerg,
"Joerg" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Not so much our style, more like the "Chicago Manual of Style". A guide
that you could learn much from.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components

"MooseFET" wrote in message

On Feb 29, 1:06 am, "MooseFET" wrote:
"Jim Thompson" wrote in
messagenews:bcres3ps8e5p310h1vbscrlr5f3hhlfeh3@4ax .com...
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:14:54 -0800, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:
Hi Joerg,
"Joerg" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Hard to tell with the 7 year old social age.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Whenever I have computer probs, I call the three year old down the
street.
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
Whenever I have computer probs, I call the three year old down the
street.
cuhulin

Is that's how pedophiles lure children these days?