Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LG Tromm Washer WM2077CW Service Manual

I have LG Tromm WM2077CW and I am looking for the schematics. It has barely
been used, but is out of warranty. Here is the problem it has had since day
1. If you run a load of laundry it takes almost 2 hours to finish. It tries
and tries to balance the load until it gets it right. Well I don't care if
it is balanced or not when it is in the spin cycle. I just want it to finsih
fast. So I want to look over the schematics and see if there is an easy way
to disable the balance sensor. Any Ideas?

TIA
Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
I have LG Tromm WM2077CW and I am looking for the schematics. It has barely
been used, but is out of warranty. Here is the problem it has had since day
1. If you run a load of laundry it takes almost 2 hours to finish. It
tries and tries to balance the load until it gets it right. Well I don't
care if it is balanced or not when it is in the spin cycle. I just want it
to finsih fast. So I want to look over the schematics and see if there is
an easy way to disable the balance sensor. Any Ideas?

TIA
Mike

It sounds like you may be overloading it, if the balance is not right the
machine will shake itself to pieces so you don't want to disable that. If it
is in fact too sensitive there may be an adjustment but I would make sure
the machine is being used properly before trying to fix something that may
not be broken.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
I have LG Tromm WM2077CW and I am looking for the schematics. It has barely
been used, but is out of warranty. Here is the problem it has had since day
1. If you run a load of laundry it takes almost 2 hours to finish. It
tries and tries to balance the load until it gets it right. Well I don't
care if it is balanced or not when it is in the spin cycle. I just want it
to finsih fast. So I want to look over the schematics and see if there is
an easy way to disable the balance sensor. Any Ideas?

TIA
Mike

Oh and before someone tells me to balance the load better before starting
the washer.. It is a Front Loading machine.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"James Sweet" wrote in message
news2%wj.16894$Hd.15306@trnddc02...

[...]

Thanks James.

Well it doesn't matter what you put in it, it doesn't like it. This thing is
as precise a tire balancing machine. An adjustment is probably the best
route.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Interesting. I have a Neptune front loader which is quite tolerant, it will
usually try to spin up 2 or 3 times before it gets the balance right, but
that process takes all of a minute or two. You might actually look inside to
make sure none of the drum supports have come loose, I've never been inside
a LG machine but I suspect most of the front loaders are similar inside,
with some springs and shock absorbers holding everything together. Does it
seem to shake a lot, or does it feel like it really is too sensitive?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

[...]

It doesn't shake much. If it is off center AT ALL it won't keep going. I'm
not too sure whats going on, but it can drive you nuts when it takes 10 - 15
minutes to balance. I need to get it out and see whats going on from the
inside.

Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael Kennedy wrote in message
I have LG Tromm WM2077CW and I am looking for the schematics. It has

barely
been used, but is out of warranty. Here is the problem it has had since

day
1. If you run a load of laundry it takes almost 2 hours to finish. It

tries
and tries to balance the load until it gets it right. Well I don't care if
it is balanced or not when it is in the spin cycle. I just want it to

finsih
fast. So I want to look over the schematics and see if there is an easy

way
to disable the balance sensor. Any Ideas?

TIA
Mike

Have you tried it with an empty drum ?
If a loose contact to the trembler or whatever, then it would do it for the
empty, balanced, drum until shaken back into contact.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LG Tromm Washer WM2077CW Service Manual - Link

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:53:03 -0500, "Michael Kennedy"
wrote:

I have LG Tromm WM2077CW and I am looking for the schematics. It has barely
been used, but is out of warranty. Here is the problem it has had since day
1. If you run a load of laundry it takes almost 2 hours to finish. It tries
and tries to balance the load until it gets it right. Well I don't care if
it is balanced or not when it is in the spin cycle. I just want it to finsih
fast. So I want to look over the schematics and see if there is an easy way
to disable the balance sensor. Any Ideas?

TIA
Mike

http://www.justmanuals.com/washing-m...e-p-17399.html

$9.99 and instant download

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

I have LG Tromm WM2077CW and I am looking for the schematics. It has
barely
been used, but is out of warranty. Here is the problem it has had since
day
1. If you run a load of laundry it takes almost 2 hours to finish. It
tries
and tries to balance the load until it gets it right. Well I don't care if
it is balanced or not when it is in the spin cycle. I just want it to
finsih
fast. So I want to look over the schematics and see if there is an easy
way
to disable the balance sensor. Any Ideas?

TIA
Mike

http://www.justmanuals.com/washing-m...e-p-17399.html

$9.99 and instant download

Is it not available from the manufacture for free? Worth checking that
first.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

Or possibly inside the washer itself somewhere. I just wanted to do some
looking around before I pulled this thing out. It is in a difficult spot
with the dryer stacked on top of it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:57:55 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

It is not available for free, the link above is for the Parts &
Service manual.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

The user manual may be available on the manufacturer's site, but the
Parts & Service manual at the link above is not.

Or possibly inside the washer itself somewhere. I just wanted to do some
looking around before I pulled this thing out. It is in a difficult spot
with the dryer stacked on top of it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

Ok we get the point, please quit spamming the group, this isn't a for sale
group.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael Kennedy wrote:

I want to look over the schematics and see if there is an easy way
to disable the balance sensor. Any Ideas?

www.appliancejunk.com has some factory manuals.

www.applianceaid.com and www.fixitnow.com may also be of help and have
forums.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Lee Lee is offline

Michael Kennedy wrote:
I have LG Tromm WM2077CW and I am looking for the schematics. It has barely
been used, but is out of warranty. Here is the problem it has had since day
1. If you run a load of laundry it takes almost 2 hours to finish. It tries
and tries to balance the load until it gets it right. Well I don't care if
it is balanced or not when it is in the spin cycle. I just want it to finsih
fast. So I want to look over the schematics and see if there is an easy way
to disable the balance sensor. Any Ideas?

Although the model number is different, that looks externally exactly
like our UK spec LG machine which does exactly the same thing...

I have a copy of the service manual for ours and if yours is similar
then I don't see how you can do anything much, as the motor is direct
drive and it would appear to use the load sensing on the coils to
determine washing load and balance.

Short of reprogramming the the firmware I suspect you are stuck with
this "feature"

Oh, and make sure the actual machine is leveled properly, (with a bubble
level) if you haven't already. It helped for ours.

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Lee" wrote in message
Michael Kennedy wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the info... I had actually thought about reprogramming the
firmware, but doubt that I have the necessary programming skills unless
there is a firmware update for thsese. This thing is usless in its current
condidion. It estimates a wash to take 60min but usually takes twice that.
Of course it updates the remaining time to relfect this also, buy counting
down slower. This is another situation where the simplest technology works
the best. A normal electric timer would work much better than all of these
digital electronics involved.

Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"larry moe 'n curly" wrote in message

Michael Kennedy wrote:

I want to look over the schematics and see if there is an easy way
to disable the balance sensor. Any Ideas?

www.appliancejunk.com has some factory manuals.

www.applianceaid.com and www.fixitnow.com may also be of help and have
forums.

Thanks for the info!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Lee Lee is offline

Michael Kennedy wrote:
This is another situation where the simplest technology works
the best. A normal electric timer would work much better than all of these
digital electronics involved.

From the helpful links posted above, I notice from the manual that your
model number has a "ball sensor" for balance, (which ours doesn't have),
maybe there is scope for some adjustment to this part?

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Lee" wrote in message
Michael Kennedy wrote:
This is another situation where the simplest technology works the best. A
normal electric timer would work much better than all of these digital
electronics involved.

From the helpful links posted above, I notice from the manual that your
model number has a "ball sensor" for balance, (which ours doesn't have),
maybe there is scope for some adjustment to this part?

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read

Or if not adjustment, some sort modification such as adding a resistor in
line depending on how it works..

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"MrManuals" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:57:55 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

You are incorrect and trying to cheat me out of $10

This is the link to the SM on LG's website!
http://136.166.4.200/contents/Laundry/WM2077.htm

Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Is it not available from the manufacture for free? Worth checking that
first.

It is not available for free, the link above is for the Parts &
Service manual.

You are incorrect and trying to cheat me out of $10

This is the link to the SM on LG's website!
http://136.166.4.200/contents/Laundry/WM2077.htm

Mike

As expected for a usenet spammer.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"justmanuals" wrote in message
On Feb 29, 12:43 pm, "James Sweet" wrote:
Is it not available from the manufacture for free? Worth checking that
first.

It is not available for free, the link above is for the Parts &
Servicemanual.

You are incorrect and trying to cheat me out of $10

This is the link to the SM on LG's website!
http://136.166.4.200/contents/Laundry/WM2077.htm

Mike

As expected for a usenet spammer.

Mike- FOAD

What did I ever do to you??? I'm not the one trying to sell stuff here. Read
the charter of the newsgroup. I'm just angry when people tell me lies.

Mike